Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You - Kazan's Sketch Challenge


Hello Everyone, 

Here is a birthday card that I made for my father using Kazan's sketch for the monday sketch challenge from 2S4U! What a great sketch and her card for this sketch is amazing - love it!  As I mentioned in the post below - the birthday season is upon me - so forgive all the birthday
 cards that might be getting cranked out this week :)  

I had so much fun making this card ----- I got lost in craft world, while making a left at Stamp Street and totally missed my exit to  Energy Tomorrow Town while driving past an early bedtime :) But I had so much fun. 
 
I love getting lost in craft world... and of course I have been in lost in blog land for months.... I think I have blog fog .... I can't think of anything that isn't blog related....  or feel an itch to blurf much more frequently then I would like to admit :) But isn't that great - I get to meet all of YOU!!! 

And that is how I found 2S4U and I have to say that as soon as I saw Kazan's Sketch - I was pysched because  I wanted to try to make an inchie forthe square in the sketch, so that is what I aimed for, but it grew - but it's not qute a twinchie :) 


The window in the card is supposed to be part of a brick building (my husband doesn't think it looks like a window or a building.... but I gave him a blank stare and ignored that "critique" and kept cutting out little bricks and pasting them on... boy, do my fingers hurt from cutting little bricks out!). 

Instead of scallops going around that part of the sketch... I made some shrubery. I sketched out some bushes and a shrubby kind of tree and painted it with few layers of acrylic paint and cut it to fit the space. I am not sure they really look like shrubs - they look a little like green flubberkins to me - but I hope it looks like a shrub or 4... :)  When you open the window, the sentiment reads: Happy Birthday Dear You!  I love that little sentiment - it's so cute and little and teeny too.

Are you the kind of person who buys things that are little - just because they are cute....? I think I fall into that category... I think I am a sucker for marketing... if it is little and packaged cutely - even thought it might not serve a function... I feel like I must rescue it from its lonely existence on the store shelf and give it a cozy home.. The latest teeny weeny purchase was one little cute spoon.... that's right -- just one.... it was so little and brown and wooden and cute... but it is SO cute that I can't bear the thought of using it - so it is safely being kept in our junk drawer :) LOL!


Anyhoo --- I digress.... and I digressed so much that I don't even know where I am .... I have a feeling that the blog fog just got thicker -- so I might have to go and throw some cold water on my face and inject some hot java :)

Thanks so much for visiting and if you made it this far - thanks for reading this crazy rambling blog entry!

Hope you all have an utterly fabulous Wednesday!

Ciao for now,
Sankari

Card Recipe:
Paper: DCVW (Brights), DCVW (The Stack 5)
Ink : Staz-on
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Accessories: Green Paint, Brush, Prima wildflowers, Making Memories Brads, Offray ribbon, Martha punch trimmed, Orange stickles
Show watched: Monk, Family Guy

10 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Sankari! This card is fabulous! It love how the bricks look so real!! The window is so creative and the butterflies so pretty!!

I'm actually a sucker for anything crafting. . .especially for sales and value packs. Argggh! I'll buy something with the intention of using it but many times, I don't get to it until months later. LOL!!

Maria

Kath Stewart said...

wonderful take on the sketch and that husband of yours what does he know - of course it looks like a window
Kath
xxxxxx

Ophthalmologist said...

WOW! WOOOOW! WOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!! I speechless looking at your bricks and window! This must have taken hours and hours! How patient must one be to cut out all those little bricks?! However, I must admit, it was worth it!!! And, nothing to say against your husband, but he just doesn't know anything - of course it looks like a window!!

Sankari W. said...

thanks Christiane - i think it looks like a window too! and also just wanted to mention that the paper I used has this pattern of horizontal stripes of the two colors - and then on top of that I cut out little brick shapes and pasted it onto the pattern - thanks for your sweetest comment - can't wait to show this to my DH! HA!

tomiannie said...

I totally, totally love this! What a unique card!

Lea L. said...

Wow! This card is just amazing...such intricate work you did on it! Fabulous job with this week's sketch!

~lea

Kathryn said...

This card is AMAZING!! Love all the details - it's so pretty!

Lisette Gibbons said...

What a fantastic card.

Joke said...

Oh, yes, it looks like a window and I see real bricks. Lovely take on the sketch!

Joke

Anonymous said...

What an amazing card, Sankari! I love all the details you've put into it, and the glittered cake behind the window is adorable! Fabulous work!