Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - # 10 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Hello Everyone,

How are all of you doing? Things here have gone from crazy to just plain insane. My son's 4th birthday party is tomorrow and I have been running around like crazy trying to bake and make all kinds of fun favors... wow! I am both excited and exhausted!! :) Well onto something fun!
Today is Cinema Saturday's 10th Challenge and our movie pick is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - yay! As soon as I saw Kazan's awesome sketch at 2S4U, I had an idea for a Harry Potter inspired card. The sketch reminded me of a door - and I started to think about the door opening into something magical.
The theme that I went with - was that of discovery - the first book is all about discovery to me - Harry's journey to discover who his parent's really were - who he really is and his entry into a whole new magical world. I was inspired to make this card from thinking of opening a door into a different world - and so the door on the outside of the card is opens and the inside of the door (where there is a pic of a hand holding a wand says: Magic Awaits...) the whole card then opens up - and the inside of the card reads: Hope your New Year is filled with Magic! I love these Harry Potter books (as soon as I would get my hands on a copy - I had to read the whole thing - it was impossible to put it down :) Its been so great to see these movies and watch Harry, Hermione and Ron grow up in front us on the screen. Love reading and seeing all the adventures that they find themselves in - and in this book - I love how JKR shows the reader this whole new world that Harry is entering into.


I had a lot of fun doing this movie challenge - and there were a TON of ideas running around in my head - man it was so hard to try to pick just one - there are just so many themes, characters and themes to choose from :)

Well, I am off to finish baking and making fun favors... can't believe that 4 years have flown by! crazy! Hope all of you are enjoying the holidays and are staying warm! We would love for you all to play along! Come on over to Cinema Saturday and check it out!! We hope that you will have a chance to play along!!!

Sending you all happy hugs!
Sankari

sorry if i have been a mite bit checked out - my parents flew in on weds. and since then its been a whirlwind!! literally! can't wait to see all of your lovely blogs soon!! best wishes to all!!!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow is this card a treat or what! Great job on the sketch Sankari. Your work is always so original and super fun to look at
Hugs
Kazan

Cassie said...

This is a fantastic card! I love the theme that you chose from the movie...Genius! Well done!

When someone finally talked me into reading the first book (yeah, that's right, they had to talk me into!), I was the same way...I could not put it down! I was hooked! I was one of the adult goofballs standing in line at Barnes & Noble with my pre-purchase wristband on to get the midnight releases! I did NOT wear a costume though. I drew the line there!

This was a great pick for this week!

Unknown said...

What a clever card Sankari.. WOW! Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch!!

Regan said...

well chicky...this is just plain cool!!

fishlips said...

Wow oh Wow totally Fantastic door it's just perfect... My Daughter and I Both just love what you did with this challenge... Love it!!!!! Perfect Just PERFECT!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh! This is fabulous! I might HAVE to make time for this one! I love HP too!

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I love the door and the quote inside. Harry Potter is a favorite around here. My daughter read the first book so many times she wore out two hardbacks and a paperback.

Heather said...

Aaahhh, you are so creative! It's really inspiring to see the start of an idea and then where it goes to! and I loooooooove the Harry Potter books/movies too, good choice.

Angie Tieman said...

How cute is this!! Such a clever idea with the door and the movie inspiration! Love it!

p.s. Hope your cold is better!

Curt in Indy said...

What a great take on the challenge! Love what you did with this card! You are so creative! Best, Curt

Katie said...

Oh WOW, Sankari!! I LOVE your interpretation of Kazan's sketch. What a fabulous card :)

Katie

Rachel Brumley said...

Sankari

You nailed that challenge! The Harry Potter card is perfect! I love that door and your sentiments. I also watched Harry Potter and his friend grow because I took my grandchildren to see the movies!

Love your work!

Ann said...

Oh my gosh, Sankari, this is awesome! Your Cinema Saturday creations continue to blow me away every week! This is so special and creative, wow, you rock!!!! :D

Unknown said...

This is so clever! I just love how you made it work for both challenges! Wonderful work!

thescrapmaster said...

Great card!

~Samantha

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh...this is just so adorable! That door is to die for! You are so very, very creative!

Have a happy holiday and a wonderful visit with your parents!

Melanie said...

these challenges and samples are so amazing!!! I wish I had days to set aside and try to make something as inspired as these!!

shoot me an email when you have time, I will email you back with a "sneak peek"!! :)

mmuenchinger at grandecom.net

Brooke S said...

You are soooooo major clever.. I totally love the door. What a great card to represent Harry Potter. There are so many different doors and portals that he passes through throughout his life.. What great attention to detail... You never cease to amaze me..

BIG!! HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO "J"

Louise F NZ said...

This is AWESOME! I love the idea of the magic door, great job!

Brooke S said...

I know, you already have it... But I had to let you know I love ya!!!

Hugs
Brooke

Shirley said...

What a very creative card and I love how you designed the messages too! I love Harry Potter.

Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!