Monday, December 8, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #45 - Happy Birthday Cupcake Flowers

Good Morning Everyone!

Quick post before I run out for the day - (have the days suddenly become faster and crazier?) seems like there isn't enough time to get everything done. Here is Taylor's Sketch #45 from her Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. Taylor does a sketch challenge every Friday where if you have cupcakes, why not use them in your card! I realized that for the last 2 sketches that I haven't used cupcake stamps! So I wanted to fix that right away! 

Last night, as I was talking to my friend - I was doodling some flowers on a piece of paper and it kind of reminded me of a birthday card that I got from my mother last year - which was a flower with a cake on it - so I thought how about a flower with some cupcakes!

 So I drew the whole image and then cut it out with my oval cutters from Creative Memories. I colored it in with some pencils and then a little stickle and liquid pearl for the frosting :)  I used the colors from 22nd color challenge the lovely ladies at the Color Throwdown this week  - which are pink, green and black (the black is very minimal in this card- mainly just for the drawing pen color) and I had to add a tiny bit of orange to give it a little pop - hope that's ok?)

The oval was matted onto a dusty pink oval. I used my Creative Memories decorative cutter to create a wave pattern for the bottom panel. And then embossed the sentiment "Happy Birthday" which is from Taylor's Sweet Celebrations. All of this was adhered onto a crystal glitter cardstock from DCVW - it is totally glittery and totally hard to take a picture of. I adhered some matching ribbon as a panel - the ribbon is from Taylored Expression - I was going to try to make a bow - but then it seemed too much - so I just kept it simple. The buttons are from my button stash - and the little butterfly is from my Creative Memories meadow makers punch. 

I had a lot of fun doing this card - and a lot of fun drawing - I haven't done that it a while and it was fun to do a little doodle :)

Hope you guys are having a fabulous day!!! I am off to run a whirlwind of errands with 2 kids! Wish me luck!!!

Thank you for coming over for a visit! 
Best wishes, 
Sankari :)

18 comments:

Savitri said...

SUPER CUTE! Love your doodles! That's just so awesome! The little butterfly is just too too adorable too!

Ahh, last week of school. Tuesday and Wednesday night is grading night... ahhh... why do I assign huge papers for finals? :)

Jules said...

OOOOoooohhhhhh Is this every just the cutest!!!!
Adorable!

Dawn said...

I love visiting your blog... I know that I am ALWAYS in for a treat and you NEVER let me down! These are wonderful... Love the colors and the sketch... another PERFECT job!
Dawn

Shirley said...

How sweet is that!! Love the sketch and the end result! That image is so pretty and fun too!

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you made the bottom line wavy and the extra detail on the cupcakes! So pretty!

Deanna said...

Wow, amazing detail on this card!

fishlips said...

What a delightful card...Its so eye-catching and so darn cute...The colors are so vivid wow do I ever love this one it just yummy looking!!!!

Taylor said...

Oh so sweet! Blooming cupcakes!

Catherine said...

k, i wish i can doodle like you, really i want to be you when i grow up, but then again, i think i'm way older than you...LOL!

CUTE CARD!

Laurie in MN said...

The cupcake flowers are adorable. I had to reread your information instead of skimming to catch that you actually drew the design. WOW.

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a cool card--lovin' that glittery cardstock! Thanks for playing the challenge! Your little images are sweet!
LeAnne

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous! Love those flowery cupcakes. They are so pretty! Great colors and that butterfly is adorable.

thescrapmaster said...

Those cupcakes are so cute!

~Samantha

Sherri said...

So pretty! Love the doodles & dimension!!

Amber (bambi64) said...

ooo I like your card. Love Taylor's layout too. Just might have to do it.

Heather said...

oooh, that looks so tasty! Love the little butterfly and the idea of cupcake flowers, wow!

Shirley said...

Sankari, you should be designing stamps! I love your flowers and the whole card!.....including everything you did as an embellishment.

Anonymous said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!