Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 11 - It's a Wonderful Life


Good Saturday Morning Everyone,

We are so happy to present the movie pick for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge: Frank Capra's Oscar nominated black and white classic movie released in 1946:  It's a Wonderful Life. 

I have so many favorite parts of this movie: the gym scene where they are all dancing, George and Mary falling in love, George meeting Clarence, George realizing his impact on all those around him and how the community comes forth to rally around them - but my favorite part is ZuZu's line "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." Just love it - because she is just so darn cute, and George holding her with his family near the Christmas tree saying that always makes me smile - you can watch the ending of this movie with this scene in it here:

In making the card for this movie, I used Adela's Sletch#6 from PaperCraftPlanet. I used the circle element of the sketch to carve out a little circle in the card to hand the bells. The red paper is handmade paper that I received as gift wrap on a gift, but saved because the paper is so pretty. The gold paper is from Paper Company, the bottom of which was crimped. The green cardstock is from K &Co., the red ribbon is from stash and the bling is a ribbon also - forgot where it came from. The bells are earrings that I poked a hole into the cardstock and wound up the post part around itself to stay in place. I cut the hole with my Creative Memories circle cutters and printed out ZuZu's quote on my computer. The inside of the card says Merry Christmas.

Even after seeing this movie so many times growing up - I loved watching it again - man - it is such a good movie. Jimmy Stewart is awesome and Donna Reed - is just so beautiful! My parents and I used to watch this movie growing up around the Christmas season - they are visiting us right now - and so it was fun to watch this with them and remember my childhood. 
I love the message that each of us has such power in all that we do and say and to never feel like we haven't made a difference. I just want to thank all of you that I have met through this site for inspiring and encouraging me - you guys are just too sweet!! Thank you so much for coming over here and playing along in our challenges - we have so much fun doing these and hope you do too!! Its so nice to be part of such an amazing blogging community and meet such wonderful artistes as yourself!!!

I hope you have a chance to play along in this week of holiday busy-ness!! Come on over to Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge and play along! 

All you have to do is : Create a card or scrapbook layout or altered project that is inspired by the movie: It's A Wonderful Life
 (it can be inspired from the movie jacket, the characters, the dialogue, the music, the costumes, the themes --- ANYTHING reallY!!) and then link your creation to us by commenting on the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog site.  anytime from now until this Thursday, December 25th at 9pm PST!!!!

Thank you for coming over for a visit!
Best wishes and a warm cup of holiday cheer!
Sankari :)

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Very Pretty card! I just can't even read that line from the movie without hearing it in ZuZu's voice in my head! Dang those voices in my head!

Ann said...

Gorgeous card! I {heart} this movie so much! Thanks for choosing it this week! You rock! :D

gale said...

Very cute card! Love the way you used the bell earrings.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! This is my favorite line from the movie too followed closely by George asking Mary if she wants him to get her the moon!

thescrapmaster said...

How beautiful! You definitely picked the best quote from the movie. Great card. I LOVE that movie. We watch it every year at least once.

~Samantha

fishlips said...

This is just outstanding and the bells and angels saying is just delightful...

thescrapmaster said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

~Samantha

Anonymous said...

Although from different places, but this perception is consistent, which is relatively rare point!