Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge #35 - Baby's First Christmas card


Good Evening Everyone,

Wow - it feels like forever since I have even looked at anything craft related - let alone blogged... I am so far behind on everything that I am just tired of thinking about it. After a crazy week of working double shifts (teaching and writing articles) I finally finished everything and submitted my last article just before the deadline today - phew!

I have been wanting to play Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge for a few days - but have not had any time to play - nor the space - my parents are staying with us and so my craft corner has vanished and my craft table is more like a catch all for suitcases etc. Its been great to have them here (they came to celebrate our son's  4th bday) and I can't even believe how quickly the days are flying by! 
I am so glad that I had a chance to play today - its so nice to relax by coloring something cute! I love this cute little giraffe by Paper Works Co. from their Safari friends collection. This is such a cute set and a fun company. Check out the Paper Works Company group on Paper Craft Planet. This cute giraffe's name is Gordie the Giraffe and I had so much fun coloring him -- I kept 
going .. awwww -  :)  and  since I had to create a card for my friend who just had a little baby boy last month - I thought that Gordie would be perfect for the job.

Kristina's color picks for CIC #35 for this week were: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, baja breeze, so saffron and very vanilla.  I swiped the So Saffron SU!  stampin spot, on a piece of paper creating the background. The giraffe is colored with pencils and then popped up on dimensionals. I cut out a little hat (which is very glittery IRL) and popped that on dimensionals too.  Actually the whole thing is popped up on dimensioanls except the chocolate brown cardstock.

I based the card very loosely on Taylor's sketch #46 - which I totally missed doing. She called for two patterned paper and ribbon on the corner - but the ribbon didn't fit because of Gordie's hat and I didn't do the two patterned paper part of the sketch - oh well. I wish I had another whole 24 hours in a day, just to do cards and color and sketch challenges. It's so depressing sometimes to look at my little craft corner and wish I could make all the things that I am so way behind in making and finishing up before the holidays. Ah, well - can't do it all.... sigh! I am just happy that I had a chance to make this card :) I love KW's challenges and hate to miss out on doing them - and Gordie is just too cute not to get all inked up! 

It was so much fun to make this card - and so relaxing. Okay - now I have to go and clean up my scraps and give my parents back their room :)

Hope all of you are well and are enjoying the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Can you believe that Christmas is in a week! WhaaaT?? I still have so much shopping to do - and still no idea what to get some people.... hopefully I can finish everything off this weekend :)

Sending you all happy holiday wishes,
Sankari

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Dark and lighter brown cardstock from the Paper Company, Baja blue-ish color from stash
Ink: SU! So Saffron Stampin Spot, Martha brown
Stamps: Gordie the Giraffe from Paper Works Co., sentiment from Taylored Expressions (SASI)
Accessories: ribbon (offray), corner rounder, paper piecing, dimensionals

Movie watched while making this card:  - A Muppets Christmas (fun for the kids to watch, while mommy makes a card :) LOL!) 
check it out on Hulu (its only available for another 2 weeks!)

17 comments:

Deanna said...

Holy cuteness!

Nellie Mae said...

Sankari, this is so cute, I love this little Giraffe. Just wanted to let you know that you are missed when you aren't blogging!! Don't get discouraged with the Christmas blues and woes of 'what needs to be done', you will accomplish everything you need to do. Best Wishes and Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this, Sankari!!! Thanks for the get well wishes!! Hope you are well....
-t

Ann said...

Super cute, Sankari! I love the little giraffe. I've been crazy busy, too, but somehow managed to play with these colors to make a quick card.

Tomorrow is the last day before my two-week Christmas break--woohoooooo!!!! More time for stamping! :D

Jean McKenzie said...

Sankari, This card is totally totally cute!! Just love the little giraffe and how you did the background!!

thescrapmaster said...

Beautiful card. I love the little giraffe's hat! Too cute, Sankari!!

~Samantha

Catherine said...

oh this is just too cute, Sankari.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Aawwwwhhh.... soooo cute Sankari!!!

Hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL christmas and a safe new year.

Sarah
xxx

The Mama Monkey said...

Ohhh...aahhhh...this is so cute! Just perfect for a new little arrival! I love your background, too!

Anonymous said...

oh this little giraffe is soooooooo cute and what an adorable hat....Sankari you did a great job using these colors for such a sweet card! I love it! Donna

Sarah said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!
Love it!

Unknown said...

Super cute!!!!

Savitri said...

Cute cute cute!!! The giraffe is just adorable and I LOVE the hat you put on him. LOVE it!!!

Ohhh, I know how the parents in the craft room feels! Glad you got a little chance to make something tho!!!

Sounds like you had a busy work life. Glad you got the paper in on time. That always stresses me out :)

Regan said...

awe this is just adorable!!!

Shirley said...

How adorable and cute cute cute! I love the whole design and the card is really a wonderful keepsake!

gale said...

Oh how adorable! I love this color combo.

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG