Friday, October 1, 2010

Inspired Crafters Sketch Challenge

HI Everyone,

 Happy October 1st! I am so excited to be a guest designer today for a new challenge blog called Inspired Crafters where today they have created a super sweet sketch to get your crafting mojo going! I have to say that I love sketch challenges, especially when you have when you are running short on mojo! Sketches give such a solid play for you to start in creating a card - the only problem is sometimes I forget to follow the sketches perfectly - until I realize it later :) I just started a new thing - where I keep a notebook on my craft desk and draw sketches that I come across in blogland along with the URL so that if I get stuck I flip through sketches and get the mojo going :) 

 I loved this sketch because it leaves so much room for interpretation and so I kind interpreted a lot of scallops into my card today :D! I pulled out one of my favorite bday stamp sets from Taylored Expressions called Make a Wish and used the super sweet cake as my focal for the card. I colored it with copics and then highlighted it with some liquid pearls for the frosting and then sponged the edges green:
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Bazzil and Prism cardstock, Bo Bunny and  Make a Wish Project Pantry kit from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa
Accessories: EK success scallop punch, ribbon from stash, bling, Adirondack liquid pearls and dimensionals, spellbinders 

I had so much fun creating this fun birthday card! Now if I can only remember to actually mail it on time! LOL! A huge thank you to sweetest Banu for inviting me to play along with the amazing girls on the Inspired Crafters DT! I can't wait to play again soon - the first Friday of every month they have a  brand new sketch to play along with - can't wait to see all the cards that the girls have made with the sketch and hope you have a chance to join in and play along with the fun!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Happy Friday to all and hope your start to October is awesome!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

3 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card Sankari

Smita said...

Gorgeous card once again! Just visited the Inspired Crafters blog too :-)

Banu said...

Stunning card. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer. It was so much fun learning about your must have stamping tool and all the other cool stuff. Awesome and Thanks.