Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blast From the Past Blog Hop #16: Happy Halloween!

Hi Everyone!


Every month Taylored Expressions hosts a customer based blog hop called "Blast from the Past" - where all TE fans can play along with previously released stamp sets - and this month we have the option of a double challenge - to use both the given sketch and/or use the theme of Trick or Sweet! I decided for today's project to try to use both challenges -  but I hang my head in shame for not following my own sketch - LOL!

I used one of my favorite stamp sets: Frightful Night and stamped the tree and sponged around it and cut it out with the oval die - and then popped up the house on top of the scene and then added some green glitter to the beaded oval die and cut out a little moon to the top of trees. I used some papers from the Spooky Project Pantry from Taylored Expressions for the card base and to cut out some spooky pennants using the Pennant Border die from Taylored Expressions for the top of the card - I finished it off with a ribbon on the side and a small line of liquid pearls on the top edge:



Card Ingredients:
Paper: Echo Park - Apothecary Emporium and cardstock from the Spooky Project Pnatry
Stamps: Frightful Night from Taylored Expressions along with the sentiment from: Trick or Sweet from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Inks: Black Tuxedo, Cantaloupe and copics
Accessories: Oval/Beaded Oval nesties and flag label from Spellbinders, Pennant Border from Taylored Expressions, green glittter from Martha Stewart and corner chomper

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please check out all of these wonderful designers who are hopping along today - and check out more details on Taylor's Blog for how you can join in the fun on the next hop (one random hopper who joins in on the fun will receive a free Taylored Expressions stamp set of their choice and another hopper's card will be featured in the monthly newsletter!) !

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

20 comments:

Kary said...

Wow, what a wonderful Halloween card, Sankari!! Love the crinkled pennants and the cool spooky tree and house scene. The moon is so cute! Great card!!

Crafty Loops said...

Ohh very spooky and fantastic card. Love the banners. Lee x

Jodi Collins said...

This is WICKED Sankari! LOVE LOVE LOVE the stamps you used, the touches of glitter and those AMAZING corrugated banners!!!

Taylor said...

Super cute, Sankari! I love the Halloween pennants!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Awesome card Sankari! I especially love the pennants through the paper crimper and the glitter on the beaded oval die.

Chris L.

Jess Willison said...

Gorgeous card! Love the banner!

Unknown said...

So cool card! Thanks for sharing :)

Peggy said...

What a super cute card! I love the pennants and the bling!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

I'm speechless. This card is so perfectly executed down to the smallest detail. Wicked card Sankuri!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the banners you've added to it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How just jaw dropping amazing is this? I can't even tell you my favorite thing, it is all just WOW! I love your banners (I really need to play with mine!) and the glitter around your focal image is perfect! Every element is just WOW! Thanks for the inspiration, Sankari!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Spookylicious...love this adorable Halloween card, Sankari, especially the cute little house and the fun banners!!!!

Jules said...

OMG - this is truly a work of art! Just gorgeous!!!!!! TFS, & inspiring.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What a gorgeous Halloween card! I love the banners and sparkle! Beautiful card as always :)
hugs, margie

Lisa Petrella said...

BOO-tiful Halloween card!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that banner, the polka dotty ribbon, and the spooky scene you created on the label!!!

wendy said...

WHOW how awesome...nicely done !!!!!

Samantha said...

Wow! your card is just amazing! I love all of your work it is truly beautiful! Very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just couldn´t pass your blog without letting you know this one thing. Maybe you´re aware of it allready.. In Finland your first name means "hero".

Tuikkuli said...

Hi! I just couldn´t pass your blog without telling you this one thing.. Your firstname means "hero" here in Finland! =o)

Tuikkuli said...

Hi! I just couldn´t pass your blog without telling you this one thing - your firstname Sankari means "hero" here in Finland!=o)