Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Hi Everyone,

This week has been so full of activity, drama and general craziness - hoping that everything settles down a bit - I haven't had a moment to craft - I was so happy that last night I had a minute to just be alone in my craft corner after a week of crazy activity! I haven't had a chance to stamp with the beautiful Peaceful Poinsettias stamp set from Taylored Expressions - and so I happy to pull it out and use the coordinating Poinsettia Dies (set of 5) that coordinate with this stamp set.

I tried to keep the design very simple so that this card could be duplicated for the holidays. I still had some paper left over from the Angel Kisses Card Kit and so I used some of the papers and mixed up the greens a bit - I die cut the poinsettia flowers using the dies and layering them up with dimensionals and then used a Spellbinders corner die for the leaves and some distressed stickles to the center flower along with a button and twine. I really love this beautiful sentiment - so perfect for wishing a happy holidays and happy new year all in one:



Card Ingredients:
Paper: Eskimo Kisses from the 
Stamps: Peaceful Poinsettias from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Bamboo Leaves and Ladybug Red
Accessories:Poinsettia Dies (set of 5) from Taylored Expressions, ribbon from American Craft, liquid pearls (white opal), Spellbinders and button/twine from scrap

There are so many possibilities with these dies and coordinating stamp set - you can stamp and die cut it out (both open and closed poinsettia stamps for coloring in or solid stamping), or just layer the die cuts out of patterned paper - really excited to try some more combinations!

Hope your weekend is going well!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Ciao for now :)
Sankari

1 comment:

Crafty Loops said...

What a beautiful card and fab looking stamps. Lee x