Monday, October 17, 2011

Mojo Monday #211 - Joy for the Journey

Hi Everyone!

Hope your monday is off to a good start! This morning, I woke up early and decided to kick start my monday morning with a little mojo inspiration from Julee's awesome sketch from the MojoMonday Sketch Challenge - using this week's MojoSketch #211. I used the sweet sentiment: "Joy for the Journey" from the 4x3 stamp set Joy for the Journey stamp set (set of 6 stamps) along with the smallest flower from the Many Blessings stamp set.

I used some of my favorite papers from KaiserCraft - I have been secretly hoarding this collection and this morning decided I really need to start actually crafting with my favorite papers :) The photo corner was created with a Spellbinder's corner die and then I punched out some hearts for the bottom part of the sketch. I don't know why I went a bit twine crazy - but it was fun to loop some thread around the sentiment a couple of times - love how everything turned out - and love that I got some stamping time in before the kids went off to school! It was so nice to enjoy some craft time in the early morning - and especially awesome to play along with this week's sketch!

Card Ingredients:
Paper: KaiserKraft and PTI Aquamist
StampsMany Blessings  (flower) and Joy for the Journey (sentiment) from Verve Stamps
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: EK success border punch, heart punches from MS, dimensionals, liquid pearls, Spellbinders, copics, eyelets and twine

I am hoping that the rest of October is less busy and crazy then the first half! Hard to believe how fast this year is flying by!
Hope your monday is wonderful!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

7 comments:

Just_a_bean said...

Beautiful colours and a lovely take on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous card !!! I love these colours !!
Best regards Berdien

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous Sankari! Love the elegant papers and all your fabulous accents. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Jennifer Perkins said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the colors and the textures of the papers. :o)

Elizabeth said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

Scrapowe Sosasowisko said...

It is adorable! I love it. The idea with the strings is great. Greetings.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love your interpretation of the sketch.