Friday, April 19, 2013

Congratulations on the Journey!

Hi Everyone!

I think Spring is right around the corner... not really sure as there is so much rain, flooding and possibly snow even! Ay Caramba! Even though I can't wait for spring.... I really can't wait for summer :D and so for my card today, I used the summer scene of the lighthouse using the From My Window stamp set. This stamp set has so many awesome scenes that can be used on its own - or paired up with the window dies to create a scene of what you see from your window :) 





Card Ingredients:
Stamps: From My Window stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: copics, Memento Bahama Blue and Tuxedo Black
Paper: Oh Snap! Simple Stories from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: corner chomper, Mint Cooler collection turquoise button, Banner Stacklets 2, twine,  Arched Window die, linen ribbon and dimensionals.

Okay - so I DON"T see a lighthouse from my window right now - what I actually see are flooded cornfields - BUT, I do hope to see one this summer and made this card with the sentiment: "Congratulations on the Journey" for one of my friends who will be graduating in June. 

I stamped the summer scene and colored it with copics and then popped the Arched Window die over the scene. I thought the arch of the window matched well with the arch of the Banner Stacklets 2 - so I paired them together. I tied some twine behind the image and then added a little ribbon flag with a twine bow on a button (from the Mint Cooler collection) to one side of the card.

Have you ever felt giddy with excitement when you imagine all the different things you can do with a stamp set?! I totally do with this stamp set - there are so SO so many cute scenes that you can use and combine in so many ways to create some super cute cards - so many possibilities that I am almost dizzy! LOL!!

Hope that your friday is a relaxing one and that we all get some crafty time this weekend to create something crafty!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)   





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Sankari! Such a sweet card for a new grad.. I so wish this was my view right now, too!

Davi said...

VERY fun card, so perfect for a graduation :)

Janine - Ellabella said...

I love the images, gorgeous colours and so wonderful details too.