Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Taylored Expressions April Studio Challenge





Hi Everyone, 


I's time for the Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  Every month the Taylored Expressions team comes together to share what makes our stamping studios hum.  We have a monthly challenge of creating a project by answering a crafty question which allows us to share our favorite stamp sets, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more. So without further ado - here is the question for April:



The theme for April is:
Mix and Match!  TE stamp sets are designed with plenty of images and sentiments so they are "self-contained" for lots of creativity, but sometimes it's fun to mix and match several different sets for even more possibilities.
Your challenge is to create a project using three or more TE stamp sets.  


I love this challenge! It is so much fun to mix all the stamp sets together and create a card by using some elements from one stamp set, sentiments from another and other images from another! So for my project today, I created a little happy summery scene from a few different stamp sets:


I thought I would share a little bit about why I picked the stamp sets that I did for this card:

1. The trees are from the  Falling for You stamp set which is a set available to members of the Key Ingredient Kit and Deluxe Kit Clubs (you can click here for more info about these subscriptions) I stamped the trunk of the trees on a white piece of paper and then attached the trunk over the tree that was created by paper piecing it with different shades of green. I love this tree - it is so fun for fall, for spring - pretty much any season :)

2. The hot air balloon is from the Sky's the Limit stamp set (comes with coordinating dies!!) There is nothing more summery to me than lying down on a picnic blanket and watching a hot air ballon up in the sky :) This stamp set has lots of cute versions of hot air gallons and dies to cut them out too!!

3. The sentiment is from the Vintage Dreamer  stamp set - I used this sentiment because then this card could be for anyone who is celebrating anything :) ANd I love the fonts in this stamp set - soooo lovely!!

4. I used dies for the clouds and sun from the Sunny Days stamp set that comes with coordinating dies - which I love!!! Makes it really easy to create a sunny and happy sun! I die cut it using some gold paper and added some liquid pearls and a bling bling in the middle ;)

5. The little green hill mounds is from the Love Grows Here stamp set - The large hill I created from a circle punch that is cut in half and the smaller mound from this stamp set I felt added a little bit more fun and whimsy. I dotted the hills with some liquid pearls - kind felt like some flowers on the hill and added some grass with my punch to create a perfect place for a summery picnic 

There are so many stamp sets from Taylored Expressions that are designed to go with each other and coordinate perfectly - but sometimes its fun to mix and match different sets together :) 

One tip on how to mix and match stamp sets: I like to take different elements that make up a scene from different stamp sets and see how they go together (a tree from this set, a sun from another and so on) and I love when things come together so perfectly even though they might not have been specifically designed like that :)



Card Ingredients:
Stamp set: (trees) Falling for You, (hot air ballon) Sky's the Limit, (sentiment) Vintage Dreamer, (little green hill mound) is from the Love Grows Here
Inks: Memento Rose Ink, Memento Rich Cocoa (and copics)
Paper: Vintage Bliss from Simple Stories
Accessories: The sun and clouds are dies from Sunny Days stamp set that comes with coordinating dies, corner chomper, dimensionals, Flower Box Sprigs and Dies, Liquid Pearls, bling, Best Glue Ever

I can't wait to check out what lovely creations my fellow design teammates have created by mixing up the different stamp sets from TE - please hop with me and check them out!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Ciao or now,
Sankari :)

6 comments:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous combo of stamps and images as you always do so well!! Isn't this a fun challenge? Have a great day Sankari!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Sankari! This is such a sweet spring/summer scene! Love all the wonderful details!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Sankari! I LOVE this happy scene you've created! It just makes me SMILE!!

Davi said...

This is indeed a happy scene, fun trees and I love the little hotair balloon floating along in the clouds :)

Shelly said...

I don't know how you come up with your ideas, but you rocked this challenge, Sankari! I love your sweet trees with the blossoms...so cute! Hugs!

Broni said...

What an adorable little summer scene! I just love that shimmery sunshine and the adorable little flowers!!