Sunday, April 28, 2013

You're Out of Sight!

Hi Everyone,

How has the start to your week been? Things here are starting to heat up as spring starts to flower all around us and the sunshine streams in earlier through the windows. I was happy to be able to sit down and get my craft on and crack open a stamp set that I hadn't inked yet - the truly spectacular Spectacular stamp set with the Spectacles dies from Taylored Expressions.

I love the Spectacles dies - they make it so easy to create these perfectly crisp glasses dies and I love how you can die cut the glasses from patterned paper too - so much variety and possibilities!! I layered the glasses over some vellum paper and then added some glaze over the "lenses" for that spectacle look :)
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Spectacular stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Accessories: Spectacles dies from TE,  Banner Stacklets, corner chomper, satin ribbon, EK success scalloped punch, glaze, dimensionals, square block bling, Best Glue Ever.

I kept the layout kind of simple and layered the glasses over the Banner Stacklets dies that I die cut over some patterned paper. I had some pearled tiles that have an adhesive back that I have had for a couple of years (always happy when I get to use supplies that I have had for years! :) 


It was so much fun to make this card - love all the fun sentiments in this set and I really loved getting to use the new  - it makes it so much fun to embellish or accessorize a card!

Hope that spring is springing wherever you are - or if it isn't yet - hope that the sunshine is warm and that your are in a happy and cozy place :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :) 


3 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

love, love, love how you created the lens. brilliant!

Anonymous said...

It's nearly impossible to find educated people for this topic, however, you sound like you know what you're talking
about! Thanks

Feel free to surf to my web page; Buy lift serum

Katherine said...

Love the glasses & want to feature your card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library (for first week in July). You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The post will link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.