Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Color Throw Down #265 - Hugs & Kisses

Hi Everyone!
I am so super excited to have been asked to be the guest designer for the Color Throw Down Challenge for the month of October!! YAYAY!!!  Every Weds. a different color combo with an inspiration photo is given and you can create any project you want with the colors (even if you don't have the exact colors, just use what you have that kinda  matches and play along!) 

Here are the colors for this weeks challenge - so so so cooool - what an awesome set of colors together - so soft and sweet and I love those birch trees - so that is where I started creating my project with! Here is what I came up with for the challenge :)

Card Ingredients:

StampsMany Minis - Holidays stamp set 
Inks: Not Quite Navy from SU!
Papers: SU!: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Canteloupe and Bazzill cardstock - TE Choice Snow White Cardstock
Accessories: sponge dauber, twine, glaze, grass punch from MS, Best Glue Ever


I pulled out my Birch Tree Border die from Taylored Expressions and ran it twice with some white and brown sugar card stock (creating a shadow with the brown card stock). I didn't have any gorgeous Pistachio Pudding card stock but cut out some leaves from the closest color I could find and arranged them on the trees with a bit of glaze on them. I stamped the sentiment "Hugs & Kisses" from the Many Minis - Holidays stamp set and then die cut it with the Designer Mini Tags to hang it on the tree and finished it off with some sweet little birds using the Birds & Branches die from TE. And just for some fun, I added some flowers on the bottom of the trees from the Bugabee Flowers die.

I loved playing along with these colors and I can't wait to see all lovely creations that the amazing DT have created over at the Color ThrowDown - please play along if you have a chance!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Sankari


9 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Sankari! I love the dimension~

Melody said...

SO pretty! I love what you did with the color challenge! That background is amazing.

Tammy Hershberger said...

OHMYGOSH, those die cut trees are AWESOME, and I love that you shadowed them with the brown cardstock! Fabulous card, Shawnie!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Sankari! I love those tree die cuts and your gorgeous design!

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely stunning, Sankari!!!!! I looove the birch tree die and all the awesone details...especially the gorgeous clouds and those shimmery leaves...gorgeous work!!!!

Vickie Z said...

Love those birch trees and the border/edge you created!! The birds are adorable...fab use of the colors!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE the Colors!

Wanda Cullen said...

Stunning scene with so much fabulous detail! Love the birch tree dies!

Broni said...

I love your gorgeous birch tree scene, Sankari! Just beautiful!!!