It's Time for the final Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge from Taylored Expressions - where every month we come together to share what makes our stamping studios hum! We have a fun challenge along a certain theme or question and we share our favorite tips, tricks or advice and more! The theme for the month of October is : Never Felt Better!! :)
Felt is all the rage in crafting. It's so thick and soft and gives that special warm and cozy feeling to fall and winter projects. TE has 21 yummy colors to choose from, but do you ever just stare at all that felt and think, "Hmmmm...what should I do with it?"
I love the feeling of felt and this challenge was just a great way of reminding me to use my felt stash - sometimes I seem to forget my felt stash, but I always love the feeling of felt on cards - it adds such a nice soft texture and feeling to any project :)! For my project today, I created a fun fall card using the Love Grows Here stamp set from TE and created a scene using some of the Build a Scene dies: Sunshine and Build a Scene dies: Rolling Hills.
I cut out the hills (using the Build a Scene dies: Rolling Hills) with two different shades of felt (Taylored Felt: Grass Green and Taylored Felt: Split Pea). I have a Big Shot and the dies cut the felt easily!
Some advice with felt that I have learned:
- it is nice to run the felt a couple of times through the machine with the die in place (back and forth a couple of times) just to ensure a clean and crisp cut in the felt
- I have used the Best Glue Ever to attach my felt to cardstock in the past (only a small amount is needed) but for this card , I used some sticky tape on the back and then laid down my hill where I wanted it to go - and it was a smooth transition to adhere the felt to the cardstock (one layer has some foam behind it so as to create some dimension.
- Create a cloudy sky using the Cloud Border Die
- Separately colored and cut the different trees from the Love Grows Here stamp set.
- Die cut the rolling hills using the Build a Scene dies: Rolling Hills) with Taylored Felt: Grass Green and Split Pea)
- Die cut the sun and add a button to the center with a sentiment on the side
- Wrap the bottom of the card with some ribbon and corner chomp the bottom of the card and then adhere to cardstock
Here is another view of the card - I love how it turned out and it was so much fun to color the leaves as I watch the leaves changing outside my window :)
Stamps: Love Grows Here from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento LadyBug Red and Tuxedo Black
Paper: Show White Choice cardstock
Accessories: Build a Scene dies: Rolling Hills with Taylored Felt: Grass Green and Split Pea), Cloud Border die, foam, corner chomper, orange grosgrain ribbon, copics, button, twine
I can't wait to hop over to all these amazing designers and see their felted creations - please join me and check out these fabu-artistes!
Pattie Goldman - Guest Designer
Thanks so much for stopping by today!