Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ColorThrowdown Challenge #262 - Thankful for You!

Hi Everyone!

I am so super excited to have been asked to be the guest designer for the Color Throwdown challenge for the month of October!!!  Every week a different color combo with an inspiration photo is given and you create any project that combines those colors in any way you want! I can't even tell you how excited I was to be asked - I remember when the Color Throwdown challenge first started so many moons ago and was so excited to play in the very first challenge :) And now I am so excited to play along as guest designer - yay- thank you so much lovely ladies for having me on board this month!


This week's challenge is a perfect way to "fall" into October ;) Look at these lovely : makes me want to take a walk in the park wearing a sweater and with hot latte and enjoy the cool weather and the leaves changing color. I especially love the two crushed curry and more mustard colors. Fall is my absolute favorite season -I love going hunting for the perfect pumpkins with the kids, enjoying hot apple cider with pies and being in nature in all its autumnal glory. I chose the Celebrate Life stamp set from Taylored Expressions for the beautiful sentiment - love this font and used the Mini Leaves dies to cut out some leaves in the different colors
I used the Quatrefoil Cutting Plate to create the yellow backgroud on the gray CS and then layered the mats using the Label Stacklets 2 dies - sponging the inside of one of the mats with a little bit of yellow ink. The leaves are die cut, glazed and then popped up with dimensionals in the center with a little bit of heart blings to the corners of the mat - here is a closer peek at the leaves:
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Celebrate Life from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Ladybug Red, Canteloupe
Papers: Bazzill cardstock and Choice Snow White from TE
Taylored Dies: Mini Leaf dies, Label Stacklets 2, Quatrefoil Cutting Plate
Accessories: mini heart punch, corner chomper,  EK success mini scallop punch , buttons, glaze, satin ribbon, bling, dimensionals, Burlap Trim Ribbon.

I loved playing with the Color Throwdown challenge this week - if you need to make a card and can't figure out where to start, this is a great challenge to help you get started! Please check out all the amazing creations from the DT over at the Color Throwdown and play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,

Sankari


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Sankari !!! Enjoy your time @ the color throwdown!! It would be a dream come true for me, too!! :))

The dimension & textures on your card are fabulous !!
Great first make !!
I can't wait to see what you design for next time. :))

Stacey Schafer said...

holy smokes, Sankari! that's amazing !

Tammy Hershberger said...

SHAWNIE!!!!!! I'm so happy to have you join us this month... I've missed ya' girlfriend! Your card is gorgeous... LOVE those shiny leaves! Can't wait to see what else you're gonna' do this month!

Barbara said...

This is drop dead gorgeous, Sankari! So many details and pretty stuff to look at! Just a fabulous design! We're delighted to have you join us this month and can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Lori said...

Gorgeous, girlie! Those glossy leaves are just fabulous. I'm so glad you're joining us this month!

Broni said...

This is just awesome, Sankari! Bold and beautiful as always! Funny that we both used glossy leaves this week! Well you know....great minds!! I'm so glad you're "playing" with us this month!

Joan Ervin said...

What an absolutely gorgeous work of art, Sankari!!!! I just love the row of pretty leaves and you worked a little magic with that gray!!!!! I am sooo glad your will be playing with the CTD team this month...it will be wonderful to have your gorgeous cards on the CTD blog each week!!!!