Thursday, October 3, 2013

Taylored Expressions Release Day: Sack it Penguin Giftset and Color Block birthday card

Hi Everyone,

Today is release day over at Taylored Expressions - if you are reading this then that means that the store is open!! Woohoo!! And my favorite part of online shopping is that I can shop in my bed with my pajamas :D There are so many new dies and stamp sets that are being released today - including two new Project Pantries ready for your holiday cardmaking!

On my first project today, I used the 'Tis the Season Project Pantry to create this little Penguin Giftset made with the Sack It To You Penguin set which comes with dies ready to make the cutest penguin ever - you can make him/her into a card or use the SacK it To You die to create a little Penguin sack - perfect for winter birthdays, teacher presents, class favors - or for anything at all!! 

Here is another look at the Giftset with the Tag coming out of the Tag Pocket of the card:


 I also created a coordinating card using the Tag Pocket die - perfect to create a little note inside or little tag - I used the sentiments from the stamp set: Baby, It's Cold Outside - And on the inside of my tag, I used the cute little teacup from the Tea-riffic stamp set (that comes with a coordinating die) - love this sweet image!


And here is one more look at my cute little penguin.... seriously - this little guy is sooooo cute - and this die comes with all the pieces to create this adorable little penguin. I started out by making a sack using the Sack it to You die and then assembled all the pieces together onto the sack to create this super cute favor bag. I especially like the scarf/hat ensemble - so very chic mr. penguin, if I do say so myself!


Project Ingredients:
Stamps: Baby, Its Cold Outside stamp set, Sunflower Bouquet stamp set, Tea-riffic stamp set (with coordinating die) from TE
Paper: 'Tis The Season Project Pantry from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Ladybug Red
Taylored Dies: Tag Pocket die, Sack It to you Penguin, Sack it To You die, Label Stacklets 2 
Accessories: foam dimensionals, chunky glitter from MS, glue dots, corner rounder, grommet and Best Glue Ever

For my second project today, I am using the brand new Color Block Cutting Plate! It is SO so SO cool - it not only cuts out an awesome layout for A2 cards (either vertical or horizontal) but it also includes 11 separate dies! That means that within each block - there are two more pieces that can be cut out - how cut is that?! 

So for my card, I decided that I wanted to use all the layers and cut out the die with 5 colors: black, green, yellow, pink and blue and then layered them together in different combinations and added flowers, hearts or buttons to the centers of the blocks with the sentiment: "Happy Birthday" coming from the Sunflower Bouquet stamp set. It was so much fun to make this card - and the best part is I have more pieces ready to create more cards - just mix, match and adhere :) Gotta love that!


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Sunflower Bouquet from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Choice Black Cardstock
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue
Accessories: Color Block Cutting Plate from TE, Prima Fairy tales flowers, May Arts twine, buttons from stash, corner frounder, foam dimensionals, glue dots, Best Glue Ever

I can't wait to see what the amazing DT has created with all the awesome products that have been released today - please hop along with me and check them out!!

Carole Burrage Charmaine Ikach Jen Shults Joan Ervin Kerri Michaud Pattie Goldman Regina Mangum Sankari Wegman Shannon White Shelly Mercado Stephanie Kraft Tammie Edgerton Taylor VanBruggen Wanda Guess

Thanks for stopping by - please stop by tomorrow for some fun spotlight hops!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


3 comments:

Pattie said...

This penguin gift set is too die for! I love, love, love it! The details are gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little penguin sack and the matching card are sooo amazing, Sankari!!!!! I absolutely love all the details you added to both especially the tag and the sparkle on the hat!!! I looove your pretty Color Block card, too...the colors are beautiful and I love the addition of the buttons and the flowers!!!!!

Diane said...

Love the Penquin gift bag, so cute.

Hugs Diane