Saturday, November 30, 2013

Enjoy Your New Home


Hi Everyone,


Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was very simple affair filled with a ton of food and subsequent food comas! I am so grateful for all the little things and all of the big things - there is so much to give thanks for - even when the skies are gray. 

We just got back from a Thanksgiving weekend yesterday and I was able to create a little card for a housewarming using the Treasure Life stamp set, with the coordinating Apothecary Jars stamp set and the Apothecary Shelf. I have loved these three items for so long and was so happy to get them out to create a little indoor scene also using the Picture Window die and coordinating it with the From My Window. I used some blue DP for the wallpaper and then used some wood DP for the flooring and some vellum over the picture window to try to copy the feel of the glass - I love how it turned out: 

After I finished the card, I added some gloss over the Apothecary Shelf and the jars on the shelf for a bit of texture and sheen :)


Here is a shelf by the window - I colored the scene of the tree with the swing which is From My Window stamp set and then placed the die cut window from the Picture Window die set from TE.  I finished it off with a little banner using the Party Banner border die hung in the corner with a bit of bling in the center and some twine on one side: 
Card Ingredients:
StampsTreasure Life stamp set, Apothecary Shelf and the From My Window stamp set.
Inks: Memento Ladybug Red, Tuxedo Black and copics
Papers: Choice Snow White card stock from TE and vellum
Accessories: foam tape, bling, May Arts Twine,  yellow stickles, Gloss, Apothecary Jars dies, Picture Window die and Party Banner die

I loved making this card so so so much - it was so nice to have some crafty time to myself and it was so nice to watch a movie while I made this card - such a lovely luxury to relax and craft after a busy week :)

Hope your weekend is going well and that you have a beautiful start to your December!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)







No comments: