Monday, November 4, 2013

Taylored Expressions November Sneak Peeks: Pockets & Pages

 HI Everyone!

Welcome to the November Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek week! Woohoooo!!! This month we are welcoming a new line to Taylored Expressions called: Pockets and Pages! This line works perfectly with all the different scrapbooking products that are out there whether you are into pocket scrapbooking or just regular scrapbooking - and works perfectly with cardmaking as well!!

So here is my confession - I have been wanting to do a Project Life kind of scrapbook for SO long now - BUT, every time I want to get started - I would get so overwhelmed with all the different products that are out there and just kind of freeze. So I was so excited that Taylored Expressions was going to carry their own Pockets & Pages Line and took the plunge in starting pocket scrapbooking!

If you are a pocket scrapbooker you are going to love all the new products that fit right in and make it super easy to scrapbook! If you are brand new to scrapbooking-pocket style here are some tips to help you get started that I have found out in this process:


  1. Figure out what you want to scrapbook - for example, I decided to have two scrapbooks - one for my daughter and one for my son - this then helped me get my photos in order and start to arrange and then have them printed out
  2. Size: Pick an album size that works for you - a 12x12 size or a smaller 6x8 - I liked the smaller size because I  thought it might be a nice way to ease my self into pocket scrapbooking and then move onto bigger sizes
  3. Pick out some fun papers - either you can use the same paper line throughout the album or just for some of the pages
  4. Do you want to scrap weekly or monthly or randomly? I decided to scrap bi-monthly and pull up the pictures that really stood out as fun from that month
  5. Get ready to have fun pocket scrapbooking!
I started out with scrapbooking a page for my daughter - here is a two page spread using the 6x8 albums - I love that they come with different size pockets to make scrapbooking - perfect of larger pictures or more journaling .... or both! I decided to scrapbook some pics from this last October - and also journaled on the side (i am loving using the Project Life Journaling Pens!)


Here is a view of one of the pages - there are 4 pockets in this page and I used the new P&P Essentials 3x4 dies to create each of the pockets - makes a perfect background and mat for scrapbooking and comes with a fun arrow and speech bubble. I also used the new stamp set: Pockets and Pages InstaFun (which comes with a fun camera die! to create some instafun with my photos :)


My DD went shopping at Target - Tar-jhay - and she had to try on some fun glasses - it was so cute to see her in them and I had to snap a pic - she has so much sass and fun - and I love our mother-daughter date nights:
 


Here is a picture of the camera that comes with the Pockets & Pages InstaFun stamp set - I LOVE this fun camera - and stamped the sentiment InstaLove in the center and used the soon to be released Sweet & Simple Apha Lower dies to create the word: Cutie (I love the toothless grin of my 24-7 cutie pie :)


Here is a pic of the opposite page - I loved documenting this milestone - my daughter is now riding WITHOUT training wheels!! Talk about being such a big girl!!! I used the new Pockets &Pages Bubble Out die to create a space for me to write and journal about her accomplishments and I also used the P&P Essentials 4x4 to create the pocket s and the Bars of the Year to create the die: October for the bottom of the page - love how this turned out!!
Scrapbook Page Ingredients: Stamp set: Pockets & Pages InstaFUn stamp set from TE Inks: Memento: Ladybug Red and Dandelion inks Paper: Bazzil cardstock, TE Choice Black card stock and Simple Stories Taylored dies: Sweet And Simple Alpha Lower, Pockets and Pages Essentials 3x4, Pockets and Pages Essentials 4x6, Bars of the Year die, Pockets and Pages Bubble Out Accessories: ribbon, corner rounder 

I can't wait to see all the lovely creations from the DT as they showcase all the different ways to use the Pockets & Pages embellishments and dies! SO exciting!! Please hop over with me and check them out here:
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


5 comments:

Kerri said...

These are amazing, Sankari! I just love your journaling. I need to do more if that:)

Unknown said...

Just fabulous, Sankari! Your daughter's album is off to a great start! Love all the sweet details and memories you've documented!

Jen Shults said...

This is amazing Sankari. So many amazing details on your pages. Just WOW!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OH MY GOSH! What cool and cute pages! You rock the scrapbooking! Really perfect for today's release. :-)

Shannon White said...

OMWord!! How Fabulous are these pages!! Wow!! So many Fantastic elements all combined for a perfect Showcase for all those Sweet Adorable pics!! Love this Miss Sankari! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon