Thursday, November 7, 2013

Taylored Expressions November Release Day: Wine Charms and Pockets & Pages

Hi Everyone

Today is RELEASE day over at Taylored Expressions!!! Woohoo!!! There are so many super awesome amazing dies and stamps that will be released in the TE store today! 

For my projects today, I am starting off with a card that I made using the super cute Witty Wine Quotes stamp set with a pennant of wine charms created using the Wine Charms dies from Taylored Expressions :) I love this sentiment: "Nothing is better than a glass of wine... except maybe two!" haha! I have so many friends who are lovers of some fine wine and I can already see the smile on their faces in seeing this card :)


I die cut it with some blue and red card stock and then strung it up with some twine. I love all these sweet wine charm dies - especially that cute cute corkscrew die! How adorable! Here is a close up of the Wine Pennant:

Card Ingredients:
Stamp Set:
Witty WIne Quotes from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Ladybug Red
Paper: Simple Stories
Accessories: Wine Charms dies from Taylored Expressions, Label 7 Stacklets fromTE, sponger, twine, foam




For my second project, I started a scrapbook page for my son using some of the Pockets & Pages Essentials - my new favorite line of essential craft booking (yes! that's my new word of creation! haha!) I started one for my daughter and also wanted to start of for my little man (who will always be my wee baby). I took these pictures of him a few weeks ago on the way to the car - can I just say that a 1 minute walk from the house to the car usually takes 7 minutes because he is always finding caterpillars, grass hoppers, crickets, rollypollies, frogs - as well as other disgusting interesting creepy crawlies to put into his pocket. I am constantly asking him to please put the "caterpillargrasshopperscricketsrollypolliesfrogs" down and please come inside the car. But on this day, I just had to take a moment to enjoy his enjoyment of holding this caterpillar he found (he wanted to name him Henry). He was so gentle with this little caterpillar... err Henry... and I had a little heart melty moment watching his happiness. Here is my little page layout of these moments:


I used the papers from Echo Park: All About A Boy for my layout - I used the Large Scallop Border dies to create a border above and below the layout (6x8 page). I used the tab die from the Pages and Pockets - Essentials 4x6  and I cut the pictures and black mat using the Pages and Pockets - Essentials 3x4. Here is a close up of the tab and journaling:

I also used the Bars of the Year to die cut the month October to put on one of the tabs and used the Bottled Up die to create a little banner on side. I created the little pocket using the pocket die from the Pages and Pockets - Essentials 4x4 - you can put anything in that pocket, but I chose to just had a heart to the front:


Here is another view of the layout without the notebook:

Taylored Dies: Pockets & Pages - Essentials 3 x 4 ,Pockets & Pages - Essentials 4 x 4, Pockets & Pages - Essentials 4 x 6, Bottled Up Die, Large Scallop Border die
Paper: Echo Park: All About A Boy, Bazzil and Choice Snowhite card stock 
Accessories: Corner Rounder



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous projects, Sankari! Your card is amazing! Love how you hung the charms and made a wine banner!

And your scrapbook page for you son is adorable! Yay for "craft booking" and I can't wait to see more as you add to both of your kids' albums!

Nueyer said...

I love the card!! :)