Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Taylored Expressions November Sneak Peeks: Falling for You and Chalkboard Elements 2

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the third day of the sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions!! YAY! Tomorrow is the release of all the new dies and stamps and fun-ness!! 

Today I have two quick projects to show you - the first one is called Falling For You and was originally a Key Ingredients Kit Exclusive that came with a set of coordinating dies and now will be available for general release! For my project today, I created a little mini scene using the little wheelbarrow full of leaves that I copically colored. I created a little panel of grass and then cut out a border using the Large Border Scallop die :

I love all the sentiments and images in this stamp set - so much fun for any season! Here is a close up of all the leaves - so much fun to color and cut them out and then layer them together:

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Falling For You from Taylored Expressions
Inks:Memento Tuxedo Black and Ladybug Red
Accessories: Large Scallop border die, Circle Nestabilities, foam dimensionals, copics, Grass Punch from MS, Orange Gingham ribbon


For my second project, I used the awesome new Chalkboard Elements 2 stamp set (which coordinates with the Chalkboard Elements stamp set). I was soooo excited to make this card for two reasons - first I have a confession to make - I have never made a chalkboard card... yes, its true.... never ever never ever.... always wanted to - but always felt completely overwhelmed because it seemed too hard. But after using the this stamp set, I see that it is absolutely easy, fun and such a fun look!

I stamped the sentiments on Choice Black Cardstock with VersaMark and then embossed it with some white embossing powder and then embossed the filigree with clear polysparkle embossing powder and then sponged some white ink around the cardstock. I created a little pennant using the new to be released Label it dies and then popped some stars and hearts over the pennants:
I added some stitches with my Project Life pen around the card and then found this fun linen ribbon to tie around the card - here is another view of the card
Card Ingredients:
Stamp set: Chalkboard Elements 2 from Taylored Expressions
Papers: Simple Stories, Taylored Expressions Choice Black and Bazzil Cardstock
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black, LadybugRed, Dandelion inks), White Embossing Powder and VersaMark
Accessories: Label It Dies (TE) made into Pennants, Corner Chomper, foam dimensionals, ribbon from stash, Project Life Pen, Twine



I can't wait to check out all the fun creations created by this amazing DT - please hop along with me and check them out here:

Thanks so much for stopping today!
Big hugs!
Sankari
 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

These are so fun, Sankari! I really love the banner on your chalkboard card :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards, Sankari! Love your wheelbarrow full of leaves and the sweet banner on your chalkboard card!

Joan Ervin said...

Both your cards are sooo beautiful, Sankari!!!! I just love that adorable wheelbarrow with the gorgeous leaves and your chalkboard design with the banner is fabulous!!!!!