Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Taylored Expressions November Sneak Peeks: Wine Journal and Put your Records on

HI Everyone!

Welcome to the second day of the Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - where today we are continuing to showcase all the new stamp sets and dies that will be released on Thursday! 


Today for my first project, I am showcasing a Wine Journal Download that will be available from TE and combined it with the Wine A Little stamp set (isn't that a great title?!!). For my project, I created a journal using my Cinch! I haven't made a notebook in awhile and after making this notebook, I remembered how easy it was to make notebooks using my Cinch - can't wait to make more!! So a few things about the Wine Journal - this is something that can be downloaded and then printed out at home. Two journal pages will appear on a sheet of 8.5 x 11 of paper. I cut mine in half at 5.5" and then created a little journal using my Cinch (Trimming the cardboard to 6 x 8"). Here is how it looks :


I love this new stamp set called Wine A Little - Perfect for creating Wine Journals or for creating Thank You cards for hostesses - SO so so so many possibilities!!! I used the Wine Journal sentiment from this stamp set and then stamped some of the vines in pale green ink around it and used then new Label Stacklets 7 to cut it out. I added a little bit of gloss to it for a bit of sheen:
I also used the new to be released Wine and Dine dies to create a little border of wine bottles and glasses at the bottom of the journal. I covered it with gloss and then a layer of stickles. I added a little stamped grape leaf to the top right corner and then some bling and ribbon to the side - Here are more views of the different aspects of the Journal:


And here is what the journal looks like on the inside - Isn't it awesome - just perfect for all those serious wine lovers in your life - perfect and practical and unique gift! I made this for a dear cousin and friend who loves some good wine - the best part is that she makes hand crafted items and I am excited to give her a handcrafted item for Christmas! Check out the inside of the journal:


And here is a side view of the journal. I think I printed about 25 sheets - each sheet containing 2 pages - so this journal has 50 pages! That's alot of wine sampling!! Cheers!


Wine Journal Ingredients:
Stamps: Wine a Little stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tangelo and Rich Cocoa
Papers: Bazzill brown and green cardstock with stash DP
Accessories: Wine & Dine dies from TE, Label Stacklets 7 from TE, EK success scalloped punch, bling, stickles, gloss and ribbon from stash
Journal: 6 x 8 cardboard, The Cinch, Wire Cutters, Spiral notebook




For my second project, I used one of my favorite new stamp sets; Rock My World - OMGOSh SUCH cool sentiments and iamges - I used the Simple Stories- Vintage Bliss to create my card and added musical notes from the Just A Note dies: I added the sentiment from the same Wine A Little stamp set - and NOW, I have her song stuck in my head: "Girl,put your records on, tell me your favorite song....."


"Girl, put your records on - tell me your favorite song..." I absoutely looked making this card - there are so so so many things that changes - that were fun to make. I paper pieced the phonograph and then added some glaze and bling to the sides:


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Rock My World stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue and Tuxedo Black
Papers: Simple Stories: Vintage Bliss, Choice White Cardstock
Accessories: Just a Note dies from TE, bling, ribbon from stash, Circle Nestabilities, copics, foam dimensional, corner chomper


I can't wait to see all the fun creations that the Baker's Dozen has created! Please hop along with me and check them out:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sanakri



5 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh my, a wine journal is an amazing idea, Sankari! These would make great Christmas gifts!

Unknown said...

Just wonderful, Sankari! LOVE your wine journal and so will your cousin! Your card is so fun and fabulous, too!

Courtney said...

love the glaze on the phonograph. what a fun card!

Cynthia Clark said...

WOOHOO, girl get your record on. Love the set so far and your card is lovely.

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Sankari...your wine journal is absolutely fabulous!!!!! The design on the front is sooo awesome especially with the row of wine bottles at the bottom!!! Love your pretty card, too...you always use the coolest papers and I love how you added the glaze to the phonograph!!!