Sunday, February 8, 2015

7 Days of Love - Day 1: Try Again Cupid!!!

Hi Crafty Friends!

This week my friend and fellow DT member Jen Shults and I decided to countdown to Valentine’s Day with 7 days of Love Cards! Each day this week we will be celebrating by posting a card all about love on our blogs! I love this picture of us taken in the fall of last year at a Taylored Expressions event called Share Joy. It was so great to finally meet her in person after drooling over her amazing creations and sketches on her blog!! 
For this week - we also decided to each create a sketch and a color inspiration to use in case we need a little extra mojo ;) Check them out here:





Stop by our blogs each day for a fun little love surprise!

For today's card I thought I would start out the 7 Days of Love Week with a little Valentine's Day Comedic humor!!! Haven't you ever had at least one Valentine's Day where you are a little annoyed by Cupid?? I can count so many - and this sentiment that this little guy says seriously makes me laugh - "Try again Cupid (you're aim stinks!)" -- aaahahahaaaa!!! That just cracks me up!! I used the first sketch for my inspiration to create this card and then splashed on some sequins and a bit of faux stitching at the end:


Well - this Valentine Grumpling stamp set is seriously adorable and has so many awesome sentiments am so excited to make lots of cards with it! I have had this stamp set for awhile and haven't had a chance to stamp it and so I was so excited to pull it out and take it for a spin!! Here is another view of it:



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Valentine Grumplings from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Love Letter 
Papers: Matched Kit: Formular for Love from Taylored Expressions
Taylored Dies: Valentine Grumplings, Layering Doily (Medium), Floral Eyelet Border die from TE
Accessories: Foam dimensional tape, Formula for Love: Sequins, white gel pen, Best Glue Ever, copics, rhinestones

I had so much fun creating this card just for the pure fun of it!!! Please hop over to Jen's Blog today and see what magical awesomeness she has created for our first day of our 7 Days of Love crafting fun!!!


Please hop over tomorrow for some more "LOVE" card fun!!
Big hugs,
Sankari


5 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is SOOOOOO cute! I adore this stamp set and am going to have to use it this week. :) love how the layout worked out... Seriously awesome! YAY!! Thanks so much for letting me join you this week!! <3

Moosisk said...

Too funny! Love your Valentine. :D Thanks for the inspiration.

Robin said...

I totally love that stamp set and your adorable card. I will have to get that set because it cracks me up, and I love Valentine's Day.

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my goodness! Your card made me smile big!!! I think I might need that stamp set! Lol!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Super cute, Sankari...I'm lovin all the pretty papers, colors, and details you used on this adorable Valentine!!!