Tuesday, February 10, 2015

7 Days of Love - Day 3: Rawr Means I love YOU!

Hey Everyone!!

My friend Jen Shults I are celebrating Valentine's Day by creating 
7 Days of Love Cards on our blog this week - we each have created sketches and color inspirations for each other for these days and its just been so much fun to create and to see what Jen has created for these last two days!

For today's challenge I pulled out a stamp from MFT (My Favorite Things) that I bought a long long time ago and NEVER stamped! what?! I was so excited to pull it out and stamp it up! Its called the Lovesaurus stamp and I don't think that it is sold anymore... but I am so glad that I still have it and can still stamp it up anytime! 

I love this stamp set so much and had to buy it way back when because my son used to always wear this Dinosaur/Alligator costume just like this one!!! He used to love it SOO much that he wanted to wear it all the time - even in summer - when it was like a 100 degrees outside - and not only that, my daughter would also want to get into his costume so sometimes there would be two of them waddling about the house and outside wearing this costume!! Here is throwback picture from a few years ago with both of them in it.... in the middle of summer!!!



And so I had to buy this stamp set and was so happy to finally stamp with it!! YAY! I loved this sentiment: "Rawr means I love you!" awwwwww SOOO sweeeet!! 

Isn't this stamp so cute - I love seeing the peeking out face of the little kiddo dressed in a Dino costume just adorable!! I colored him in with copics and then added some splotches and then adhered him to a circle nestie with some gray neutral background. I also added some fresh cut grass using the MFT Fresh Cut grass dienamic  and a smooth gray satin ribbon for texture. My most favorite part was the sentiment - I paired both a dino green and love red for the sentiments and then added a flurry of hearts from it to the top of the card:

Here is another view of it - I love all these pinks shades of hearts - I was trying to still keep this a macho little card for my little boy for Valentine's Day - put I have to indulge in pink hearts - I don't think he will mind in the least little bit! :)

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Lovesaurus stamp from MFT (My Favorite Things)
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Love Letter and Tuxedo Black
Papers: Doodlebug Kraft in Color stamp pad, Black cardstock from Bazzill and Gray CS from stash, Lollipop CS (TE) and Strawberry Shake CS (TE)
Accessories: Circle Nesties, white gel pen, pink bling, heart punches, MFT Fresh Cut grass die, copics, photo corner chomper, gray satin ribbon

You have no idea HOW happy I am that I finally after SO many years of HOARDING this stamp set, that I have finally created a card from it - yay!! I can't wait to give this to my little man for Valentine's Day!

Hope over to Jen's Blog to see what Love-Magic she has created for today!!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

RAWR!!
;)
Love,
Sankari :)

5 comments:

Robin said...

Your kids are adorable, and I love your sweet card. It really brought a smile to my face!

lindagrady said...

It's adorable; just like the photograph.

Moosisk said...

Adorable!!! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Doodah said...

Love the card! I'm doing the same concept (a craft everyday leading up to Valentine's Day). Come check it out at www.ohdoodahday.blogspot.com

Jen Shults said...

This is just redonkulously cute Sankari! I love what you did with this layout - it's amazing. Such great texture and the fun overlapping hearts - WOW!