Friday, February 13, 2015

7 Days of Love: Day 6 - Love!

Hey Everyone,

It's the day before Valentine and Day 6 of the 7 Days of Love Cards that my friend Jen Shults and I have been creating to celebrate the countdown to Love Day - also known as Valentine's Day :) 


I wanted to make a super simple-ish card and so I thought I would try to make a CASish card - such a hard card for me to make - I just want to fill it up with layers - but I really really tried hard not to - but kinda ended up doing layers anyway :) I used the You've Got Mail - Valentine stamp set from Taylored Expressions and created a little scene using the Rolling Hills dies along with the Cloud Border Die.



I colored the image and then added some stickles here and there... because - you know... glitter :) and then laid a mat for it with some Poppy Seed cardstock. I laid the front image panel against a background of pink on red created by the Circles Cutting Plate and corner chomped one of the edges and lined it with some ribbon and added some faux stitching :)



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: You've Got Mail - Valentine stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Love Letter
Papers: TE cardstocks: Cherry Red, Strawberry Milkshake, Cherry Red, Poppy Seed
Taylored Dies: Circles Cutting Plate, Love Tree, Build A Scene: Rolling Hills, Cloud Border Die
Accessories: Blue gillter ribbon, Sponger, copics, white gel pen, corner rounder, foam dimensional and stickles

I loved trying to make a CAS card and really love how this ended up - can't wait to see what awesomeness Jen has created for today's love card - please hop over with me and check her creation out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please stop by tomorrow for my last card for these 7 days as we celebrate Valentine's Day!! YAY!

Hugs,
Sankari :)



2 comments:

Moosisk said...

Oh so sweet! Love the little birds. :D

Jen Shults said...

This is out of this world cute! I love the little bit of cutting plate behind the main image and how you framed it out and the tiny bit of shadow behind the love die - stunning!