Friday, February 20, 2015

Flying by to say hi!

Hi Everyone!!!

I a bright and cheery card that I created inspired by the Taylored Expressions Pinterest albums. This is such a great place to browse thru when you are starting to make a card and are needing inspiration. I love looking at everyone's creations and wish that I could just spend hours in my craft area just endlessly crafting (with chocolate within reach of course) and not have to mind the cooking and cleaning and all other manners of household upkeep! 


As I was perusing the gallery, I found this awesome card made Kim Singdahlsen that I just loved for its CAS awesomeness!! I love CAS cards even though I can never seem to master them - the urge to layer them with layers and layers and then some more layers is so very strong!! LOL!! I loved the way Kim kept this so simple and so happy and bright! So I went with the same colors and the same layout but used some different stamps and dies for the sentiment and image panel. Here is the card that I made with Kim's inspiration - using the Bug's and Balloons stamp set! This stamp set can make both cute little bugs or you can turn the same shape into a balloon!!! I chose the hot air balloon by stamping and die cutting the shapes to make the hot air balloon and then added a little mini heart from one of the dies that coordinates with this set. 



Here is a closer peek at the card - I added some liquid pearls to the sentiment flag and then embossed the rolling clouds to extend the dot element of the card and finished it off with some twine and sequins - I love how this card turned out!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Bugs and Balloons (Petite stamp set with coordinating dies) from Taylored Expressions
Papers: Sugar Cube cardstock (TE)
Inks: Bahama Blue and Dandelion from Memento
Accessories: Lots of Dots Embossing Folder (TE), Rolling Clouds Dies (TE), Build a Scene Sequins (TE), corner chomper, Best Glue Ever, Glue dots, foam tape

It was so much fun to create this card - the only hard part was closing my pinterest browser because there were all the cards there are full of inspiration! Need a bit of a start to get your card-making started - check out the Taylored Expressions Pinterest page here!

Thanks so much for flying by to say hi!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)


No comments: