Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another Trifold card for Laura's 2S4U


Good Saturday Afternoon Everyone,

I have had this idea in my head since yesterday - and it was nice to finally sit down and make this card this afternoon. I used Laura's sketch from 2S4U - and used the same kinda trifold card thing that I made for THIS previous card for Laura's sketch - except instead of velcro - I used ribbon. I love love love this paper - and I had this idea to cut the paper in such a way that when you open it you would see a full flower and then when you keep opening it - it would reveal a place to write a message. And although, I have had this card in my head since last night - it turned out kinda different than I imagined.... but I still kinda like it :)




The trifold card is mounted onto a piece of cardstock (kinda burgundy) and then everything was dotted in little paint drops (of course :). The curved part of the folded edge has scallop edging created by corner rounders. I was going to stamp a sentiment inside - but it just looked kinda pretty without one....

Alright - time to give these little ones a bath! 

Thanks for coming over for a visit!!!
Ciao for now,
Sankari

12 comments:

Anthonette said...

This is stunning! That paper is beautiful. I love the trifold and the details of the dots. Good job!

Eva said...

WOW, Sankari, this turned out so gorgeous!!! Love the way you placed your flower, you so achieved what you really wanted to. Just fabulous!!!!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my goodness this is STUNNING!!! You can make as many as you would like!
Laura

Anonymous said...

WOW, so beautiful!

Maria said...

Oh, my gosh Sankari! Your card is absolutely gorgeous. The paper is beautiful and I love how it opens up on the inside with the full flower. Ingenious!!

Well, I hope your day won't be so busy with cleaning and you'll have time to craft!! I usually craft in between chores. It may take me a whole day to complete a card, but at least, I have my daily fix of crafting and blogging!!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!

Maria

Ophthalmologist said...

WOW, Sankari,

this card is just incredible!!! I can't tell you what I love most on this card, it is just the whole thing! I have to do something like this, too! Hopefully I'll have some more time to stamp this week! I just returned from a trip to Switzerland where I had to hold some lectures. DH is fine, but he has to go back to hopsital on Tuesday for the removal of a ureter splint and sme angiography of the transplanted kidney. I hope he won't have to stay there very long.
I hope you all are well and had a great weekend!

Love,
Christiane

Regan said...

HELLO!!!! This is A-mazing, stunning- wow!!!

Savitri said...

This reminds me of a batik print. I have no story of M eating batik but very pretty card :)

Your story was too funny. WOW! Lady bug eater, huh? Oh, how interesting children are. Hey, but now at least you have a story to tell her boyfriend when she grows up. So far ours is kind of lame... just M sucking her thumb, ha!

Heather said...

oh, that is so neat how it unfolds and is beautiful from every angle!!!

Unknown said...

WOW. WOW. WOW.

You were the Runner Up Card of the Week at Card of the Week.com. You can see the original post here.

I did use a picture from your post, with links back to the site and the original post. I hope that is OK. Please feel free to email me if you need me to change anything.

I also have an “I was featured” on badge for you if you want it :D

Thanks again for sharing!

Curt in Indy said...

OMG! This is the coolest card ever! How gorgeous is this!?!?!? I am simply amazed! Best, Curt

crummyd said...

Fabulous card! I would love to know the source of that paper!