Saturday, September 20, 2008

TCP Tuesday - Birthday Card



Good Morning Everyone,

I think today is my official catch up day to catch up on some of my favorite craft challenges that I have been missing in the last 2 weeks. Things here have been rather busy on the job front, on the family front and on the home front. I think I definitely needed some stamp therapy to help nourish my heart :) I just realized that I posted 5 cards today! You can't even imagine the mess that my craft corner is in - it is no longer a corner - but the scraps and bits of ribbon and storage boxes are spread all over our room.... somehow cleaning up a craft mess is not as fun as creating it :) LOL!

I have missed participating in the TCP tuesday challenges - and was psyched that I had a little time to create some things this week :). The colors were very yummy autumnal colors and even though I wanted to make a fall card  - I needed to make a birthday card for a dear friend - so I went the b-day party route instead. 
I have to say that I LOVE the way these stamps stamp... they are just yummy, clean and crisp.

The green, orange and brown cakes were paper pieced and then glazed and stickled and finished with a cherry brad to top them. The white paper was dry embossed with flower pattern, and then the corners were rounded and matted. 

Well, today is filled with activites - from a parade at the town square, to a picnic at lunch to a birthday party in the afternoon and another one in the evening - phew! I am tired just writing about it :) Well, I am off to get things ready for the parade and to finish making my potluck contribution to the picnic (where I hope I have some time to wrap the present for the party right after that....) Alright, parade! here we come!!!

Hope all of you are well!
Thanks for visiting,
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

Card Recipe:
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Martha Brown
Paper: scrap pile cardstock
Accessories: Making Memories Brads, Platinum Stickles, Liquid Glaze, Gold Paint, brown & green prism color pencils, corner rounder, ribbon by Offray.
Show Watched: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey - man, this show can be addicting :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooo pretty! Thanks for playing along with TCP Tuesday!

Sherri said...

Everything you do is GORGEOUS!!

Savitri said...

Those are sweet lookin' cakes! Awesome card!!!

Maria said...

Sorry to hear that you've been so busy Sankari!! Sometimes life do get in the way of our stamping and creating! I sometimes wish there were more hours in a day. There's days when I don't want to even sleep because I feel it cuts into my time to do everything I want to do. Nevertheless, I love being busy even if I complain about it. LOL!!

Well, your card turned out fabulously! Such a cute birthday card. Wow, you're really into all the challenges. I want to play along but I end up doing other things. Maybe it'll be my goal to play in a few challenges!!

Maria

Debbie Olson said...

This is SO lovely--great colors, details--great card!

Curt in Indy said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Again, love all of the detail on this card! The colors are beauiful! Best, Curt

Eva said...

Yeppp...another fabulous card! I love the cards and the your signature bead look....love it!!!