Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Friendship Card - 2S4U Sketch

Good Morning Everyone,

Even though today is Wednesday, I feel like today is Monday morning - I don't know how the week has already started and that we are half way done with this week already!! Whaaa? Anyhoo... it felt great to make a card again - my little craft corner was packed away this weekend to make room for a visit from my inlaws and a surprise visit from my SIL and her nephew. I finally was able to unpack my corner a little and attempted a card using Laura's Sketch challenge from 2S4U. I was so bummed that I couldn't do Kazan's sketch last week - but the good thing, is that there are always more challenges on the horizon :)

The sentiment on the card (on the umbrella stick) reads: Friendship is a cozy shelter from life's 
rainy days. It's been raining here the last few days and suddenly everything has gotten more autumnal - amazing how quickly the change of season can happen. I am kinda excited for squash season, and crunching fall leaves, and wearing sweatshirts and walking around the farmer's market with some hot cider.... I love fall.

Anyhoo - back to the card: the umbrella top was paper pieced and stickled. The tag was punched out with my CM tag punch. The scallops were punched from 1" circles and then were dotted with some white paint. The inside of the card has a wavy cardstock that was created by using the decorative trimmer from CM and then dotted. 

And as a beautiful surprise my husband and family and friends totally surprised me with a Big Shot (I didn't even knew my DH knew that I was thinking of putting it on my Xmas wish list - he gets major points for organizing this great gift!) - so I got to run some of the paper through it to do a little embossing - I 
suddenly want to emboss everything :)

Well, I am off to .... wake up this morning. Hope all of you are well and are enjoying some sunshine on this Weds. morning!

Thanks for coming over to visit!
Best wishes,
Sankari



Card Recipe:
Stamps: SU! The Fine Print
Ink: Staz-On Black
Paper: DCVW
Accessories: Tag punch and Decorative Trimmer from Creative Memories, Offray ribbon, Crystal Stickles, white paint 



11 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is darling! We are glad you are back to:)
Laura

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the sketch Sankari and love that cute little umbrella with the sentiment handle
Love
kath
xxxxx

Ophthalmologist said...

What a great card design! I love those white dots, they look just like thick raindrops!! It's so nice to see you back (hopefully I'll be back blogging soon, too...)! And a loud WOW to your husband - a BigShot is a GREAT present for sure!!
Hugs,
Christiane

Donna Baker said...

what a fun card - bright not like the rainy days you're having! love the colors & your signature pearly dots

Allison said...

lovely card
AllisonX

Unknown said...

What a sweet, simple, and nicely textured card! Good work, honey!

Keith

Sankari W. said...

thanks boo! (keith is my DH) he is soo sweet to subscribe to my blog :)

Eveline said...

I'll tell my DH he can make comments too. I'm not even sure he reads my blog but I show him every card I make.
I like your card. That umbrella stamp is darling.
Eveline.

Kathryn said...

You are super talented -- WOW
I just love this card -- all the details are fantastic! :)

Unknown said...

I really love this, so pretty and sweet.

Joke said...

Oh, this is sweet. I love that umbrella sentiment.