Saturday, March 12, 2011

An Irish Blessing




Hi Everyone, 
It's almost time for Daylight Savings Time - where we spring forward! I never look forward to the Spring forward - everything always feels out of whack - and its hard to convince the kids to go to bed early when the sun is still shining bright! It somehow always takes me a week to recover from the time change - sheesh - just when you get used to the "Fall Back" change of Daylight Savings - suddenly its time to change it up again.... Aye Aie Aie! The one good thing about the time change is that it brings St. Patty's Day that much closer :) which made it the perfect time to create this card inspired by Maureen's sketch for the VLV sketch challenge this week (love that shamrock accent on the bottom. 
So I pulled out the super beautiful stamp set: Blessings from Verve stamps (which by the way is on SALE! woohoo!) and I used the beautiful verse in this stamp set which reads: 

- Irish Blessing


I didn't have a shamrock - so I made one by cutting out a few hearts out of green paper and then gluing them together - I added some glitter and put a bling to the center.

This is such a beautiful blessing. Especially in these days where there is so much heartbreak and suffering as millions are affected by the earthquake in Japan and the ensuing tsunami - these days blessings, prayers and thoughts like this are so important - and I wish for this blessing to each and everyone!

You can check out all the details of how to play along with the sketch over here!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
Big hugs!
Sanakari :)

7 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous Card Sankari....love it. Long time....hope all is good at your end.

Radha said...

love anything VEVRVIEEEE

Such great color, the gel=pen, the heart that becomes a leave... love it

cnelson said...

beautiful!! what a lovely post.

Beate said...

Wow! That's gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Pam Hornschu said...

Love this Irish saying, but it's even better in the form of this image and your gorgeous card!

Maureen said...

I just love this,Sankari...you sure took my sketch to the next level :) I hope I can do your next one justice :) I love this blessing set and yes, we all have to much to be thankful for...AND when I count my blessings, I count YOU twice :D hugs!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is simply stunning, Sankari! Love all that bling!