Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mojo Monday #180: You Make Me Smile :D

Hi Everyone,

There is nothing quite like a rainy saturday afternoon filled with some quiet craft time :) yay! Every time my daughter sees a card that I have made recently, she asks me if I made it for her :), so I thought I would make a card just for her. I used the super awesome sketch from this week's Mojo Monday sketch #180. I love that there is a round or square option - I went with the square option (but had to round at least one corner ;) I used some of my favorite new Verve stamps for the sentiments. I stamped the sweet label and sentiment: "You make me smile" from the  Love Notes stamp set. I also used the sweet little heart in this stamp set to stamp some yellow sunshiney hearts in the label. I used the sentiment: "Baby Girl" from the To The Moon stamp set and created a little rolled flower from some left over yellow scraps. 

I adore these new DP's from EP and wanted to include some yellows and reds and make a sunshiney card for my little ball of sunshine :) I love how you can mix up all the sentiments and create your own sentiment in a way: "Baby Girl, You make me Smile!" Love that! The things that she does just cracks me up and I am so excited to give her a card that I especially made for her!


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Love Notes stamp set and To The Moon stamp set from Verve Stamps.
Paper: Echo Park: For the Record and Bazzil. 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ladybug Red and Dandelion Yellow
Accessories: red grosgrain stitched ribbon, green bling, dimensionals, Whirligig red button, twine, EK success punch, corner chomper, liquid pearls. 

I know as soon as I give this to my daughter, that my son is going to ask me where his card is! ha! So stay tuned for a card for me wee little man :) Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend! 

Big sunshiney hugs!
Sankari :)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Betty Wright said...

Sankari, this is wonderful! The detailing and colors are so rich looking! I love the liquid pearl accenting! Lovely card!

CreativeMish said...

So pretty! I love the bright colors and I love that bright paper flower with the button..

cnelson said...

perfectly gorgeous!! LOVE these colors!

Janine - Ellabella said...

I always love it when you post something - I KNOW it will be gorgeous and inspiring!
Hugs Janine

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Sankari, this is so fun! I LOVE all those liquid pearls and your embellishments and paper are just perfect!