Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #60 -Chronicles of Narnia


Good Morning Everyone!!!

I am SOOOO happy that its Saturday!! Not just because its Saturday - but because the Cinema Saturday Challenges have started up again!!! woo-hooo!!! As some of you know, Brooke and I took a little holiday break in December from doing the challenges - but as promised ;) we are back with our 60th Challenge!!! WOOT!!! We wanted to start of with a bang - so we picked an amazing Oscar winning movie (that many of you have been requesting!!!) The Chronicles of Narnia (The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!). Please check out the Cinema Saturday blog for more links on reading up on this amazing movie!!!

One thing that we are also introducing in the Cinema Saturday blog is a little something know as the Cinema Saturday Inspiration Corner. We have heard back from some of you that sometimes its hard to know where to get started - so we are hoping that this is a starting point to get your mojo flowing! Let me know what you think and if you like the idea of the inspiration corner.
And speaking of mojo - my inspiration came from the fact that when the wardrobe is opened - it takes the children into a different world - beyond their wildest imaginations!!!

So I thought for my card that I would create a little wardrobe that opened up into Narnia :) (this is made for one of my dear friends who adores this series of books - I can't wait till she opens it!!). I knew just the sentiment that I wanted to use - the beautiful sentiment "See Beyond" from the Discover Your Wings Stamp Set from Taylored Expressions! I simply love this sentiment - it is totally something that puts everything in perspective and inspires one to remember the "Bigness" of it all..... For my card, I used Taylor's lovely sketch TESC #96 (love that big circle!)

I was inspired by the colors of the fawn Mr.Tumnus (click on link to see him) as he is in the snow (hence the colors: red, brown and blue (for the snow). I decorated the wardrobe with some punches and when it opens up - you see this picture of Narnia with Aslan and the children - ready for adventure. I love these colors together! And I have to say the image of Mr. Tumnus holding parcels and an umbrella in the falling snow - is one of my favorite images from the movie. (and for those of you who haven't read the book - I didn't read it until this past year! And it is so good! I always feel the book is better than the movie - but in this case - I have to admit - they did an incredible job with the costumes, make up, sets and characters for this movie! Simply beautiful!

The challenge element today was to use someIridescent Sparkle to your card - so I added some crystal stickles to the inside of the card for it to sparkle when the wardrobe gets opened up. It really does sparkle but its hard to capture that in the pic...

Here is a close up of the door (in the movie the Wardrobe has a beautiful tree with swirls in it - but I didn't have a small swirly tree stamp so I just did some quick swirly embossing:

Here is a close up of the beautiful sentiment - I love how versatile it is:


Card Ingredients:
Paper: Prism Cardstock Blush Red Dark and Frosted Teal , Bazzil Basics Java
Stamps: Discover Your Wings from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Expresso
Accessories: dimensionals, circle cutters from CM, corner rounder, Sakura Gel Pens, scorer, Bling from K & Co., satin ribbon and EK Success punches

Thanks so much for visiting me today!!!
I really hope that you have a chance to play along with us over at Cinema Saturday- to celebrate both our 60th challenge and our very first challenge for the New year (did I mention that there is BLOG CANDY involved to celebrate this!! The lucky winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to Taylored Expressions!!! :))))

Wishing each of you an amazing New year and a great start to 2010! Wooty Woot!!!!
Can't wait to see your amazing creations!!! You can leave a link on Mr. Linky over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog !!!!

Big hugs and Happy New Year!!!!!
Sankari :)

15 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sankari! The amount of detail you put into every single thing you create just blows my mind. YOU ARE AMAZING!! And by the way - YOU attempting to give up CHOCOLATE for New Year's was one of the funniest things I've read in a while! ;-) xoxoxo

Taylor said...

This is so fun, Sankari! You are just too clever!!

Good thing you're giving up chocolate...won't effect your the twizzlers habit you've developed! ;)

Cassie_lu said...

what a wonderful card and love how you used the closet doors

scubasubie said...

Too cute! We just watched that movie last night.

cnelson said...

Absolutely incredible Sankari!! wowzers I love this sososoo much!

Regina Mangum said...

Hi Sankari! Happy New Year! This is such an amazing project. I love the movie and I love your card! Your friend is going to faint when she opens it! XO

Kim Sonksen said...

Holy cow!!!! Can this get any better??? I love what you created here.

Hope you will get to enjoy the most wonderful 2010.

much love
K xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

Ugh! I was forced to watch this movie on New Year's Eve... not a good thing to do when it was already a struggle to stay awake. Definitely not my kind of movie, but maybe I'll play along later! Your card is adorable, Shawnie! I wish I had your imagination and creativity!

Radha said...

Seeing beyond... love that... when we see beyond ... alll we do see only one thing...
M A G IC... Love it my CC!!!

Anonymous said...

As usual you have made an absolutely beautiful card. Thbis is so pretty and intricate looking.

Smita said...

Love the card, Sankari.. and great movie that you've chosen! We love to watch it as a family every time it is shown on TV :-)....

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Sankari! Love every little details and the colors... TFS! Happy New Year!

Naomi said...

Your wardrobe is so detailed and perfect! The scene inside is absolutely gorgeous! Love the sparkle, and the texture on this card. You are amazing, as always!

Shelley said...

Incredible interpretation of the sketch! So many details to take in and absorb! Very creative!

Banu said...

Very neat card. Loved it.....