Thursday, January 7, 2010

RELEASE DAY -at Taylored Expressions!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Today is the BIG day over at Taylored Expressions, where Taylor is releasing 3 new SUPER cute stamp sets along with a Valentine's Day Key Ingredients Kit. Today we are showing sneak peeks from the stamp set called Cuppie Love Scenes - which has the cutest little scenes with Cuppie and the sweetest sentiments!!! All of the creations today use the Valentine's Day Key Ingredients. One thing that Taylor will have in the store today - is the beautiful new product that is known as Frameabilities! This is the creation of Jamie Pyles - and each of these are handmade to go with the nestabilites set! It is such a beautiful way of accenting your creation!! I used my circle frameability to coordinate with the scene of Cuppie at the movies :)

The first card that I made uses this super cute image of the Cuppies at the movies. I LOVE this stamp sooooo much!!! Many of you know my LOVe for Cinema and my movie challenge blog - and I can't even tell you how excited I was to see this stamp set - there are soooo many possibilities with this stamp set! I created a little circle card and used the Velvet heart trim from the Taylored Expressions store. One thing that Taylor will be offering this release is a Valentine Acessory Add-on option (where you can sample all kinds of accessories from the heart velvet trim, heart pins, heart rhinestones, etc.). I love this trim and thought it would add a little cinema drama to have it flow from the chipboard pieced heart at the top:

Here is a closer peek at the beautiful polymer Frameabilities that will be carried at Taylored Expressions - these are seriously soooo beautiful, delicate and add such a great unique touch to any card:


For my second card, I used this sweet scene of the Cuppies on the couch - there are so many different possibilities with this stamp set - I loved paper piecing this cute couch and then adding some trim and chipboard heart and faux stitching :)

I loved coloring and paper piecing this card. One little cute embellishment that will be available are these super cute Polymar Clay Buttons - here is a closer peek of it:

The other most favorite scene that I LOVE from this set is of the two cuppies flying in a sweet little Balloon. I paper pieced the chute with the Valentine's Day Key Ingredients and then created a scene using the cute stamp set of the Cuppies from the Year of Sweets 2 stamp set by masking off a section:

by masking of the middle portion, I was able to create this little scene of the cuppies flying over the rolling hills (hills were created with a large scallop punch)

Here is a closer peek of the Cuppies in the Balloon... aren't they just sooo cute and happy! :)


The last thing that I created was a little LOVE journal for my DH for Valentine's Day using the cute Chipboard book that was avaible with the Places You Will Go Key Ingredients kit. I covered the photo of us with some clear acetate and am planning on filling in each page with a scene from this set and also am leaving room for some journaling. I found this picture of us up at the cabin (where my DH spent his summers growing up)- I think we had been married just a month when this picture was taken - I love this picture so much and it has become a special little place for us to go to with the kids and the whole family. The heart is paper pieced and then cut out in the middle.

Here are the first two pages so far :)

Page 1 - I tried to keep the pages simple so that there wouldn't be too many layers making it bulky and thick when closing. This page is going to have journaling of the lift that my heart had the first time we met :)
Page 2 - I LOVE this sweet image of the Cuppies enjoying a romantico meal together :) I paper pieced the cupcake liners and napkin and then colored in the rest:

This is going to have journaling of our first "date" together :) which was a very sweet and lovely night (which now come to think of it was 12 years ago this month! wow!!)


I absolutely had such a blast creating these projects and can't wait to finish my DH's Vday gift!!! I know what the last page is going to be already! It is going to have the sentiment: You're my Happy Ending :))))

I can't wait to check out all the amazing creations by the Baker's Dozen as well as some special guests who are peeking along with us - so surf on over with me!!!

Hope you enjoyed all of the peeks this week!!! Check out all of the stamps and Key Ingredients over at Taylored Expressions!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!
Big hugs to all,
Sankari :)

20 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

GREAT idea, Sankari! Love that you masked the other stamp and created a scene like that! VERY cool girl! All your projects are FANTASTIC, as always ;)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Amazing projects, Shawnie! I don't know how you find the time!

caterina titus said...

Sankari this card is ridiculously adorable!! Truly my mind is blown by your talent. Your cards put a permanent smile on my face!

Jodi Collins said...

Sigh...can I be YOU? PLease? What I wouldn't give for just a teeny tiny bit of your AWESOMENESS!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE all of these, as usual, but the book for your hubs totally pulls on my heartstrings! LOVE the pic of the two of you! What a GORGEOUS couple!!!

Jamie Pyles said...

Yep, I agree with Jodi!:) Wow, a day in your head would be amazing!! Your work is so unique, and fresh!! Love your use of texture, and color!!! The journal is my favorite too, and what a lovely couple you are:):)!!! I'm soo glad I found your blog:):) Keep up the beautiful art!!

Donna Baker said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! the masking with the rolling hills & tree with the hot air balloon, well I have no words - I am speechless! It's a MASTERPIECE! well, all your projects are. I love the pic of y'all on the hammock, so sweet!

Jackie Pedro said...

Only one word comes to mind after seeing all of this fantastic creativitiy.........THUD.........

RiNNE said...

These are just beautiful! Love your style!

Karen Motz said...

You area a crazy stamper with all these projects!!!! They're so totally adorable!!!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Whoa!! Talk about amazing!! These are all jaw dropping GORGEOUS to say the least. Love the balloon card and I really like the faux stitching too! Love 'em all!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my...these are all just GORGEOUS!! Right down to every single itty bitty details GORGEOUS!! I love love love how you masked the picnic scene to create another scene...BRILLIANT I tell ya!

Radha said...

Dearest L O V E B U G (S)

That is so beyond beauti each detail how adorable:)))


U are a great maker!!!
Love it!

cnelson said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooo cute!!!

Jen Tapler said...

Ok, you're awesome!!! These are beautiful and Keith is going to LOVE his gift, especially because you're a WAY better wife than I am and are making sure it involves a "Happy Ending"!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (Ok, sorry everyone...I just couldn't resist. But honestly, Sankari just came right out and BEGGED for that one right there in her post. And don't worry. I KNOW this girl. She just spit hot cocoa all over her monitor she's laughing so hard!!!).

Kathy Martin said...

Amazing cards and crafts! So detailed and colorful! :) Kathy

Laura Davis said...

I love your work Sankari!
hugs
Laura

Sue said...

Aw, love the picture of you and your husband and love that you are creating a project around the picture. Those stamps are so cute and your work with them is awesome.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Sankari! WOW! Such fabulous creations AGAIN!

Karen Giron said...

You never disappoint, Sankari!! I am LOVING your little journal for your husband and you rocked on your card using A Year of Sweet 2 with it - that is amazing!!