Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #61 - A Knight's Tale


Welcome Everyone to our 61st Challenge: the 2001 movie"A Knight's Tale". Every saturday over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, we pick a movie from which to create a card/layout etc. from. This week, we chose the romantic comedy adventure movie: A Knight's Tale (starring the talented Heath Ledger - still can't believe his passing). The tagline of this movie is: "From peasant to knight, one man can change his stars" so we decided that we would make the challenge requirement to be to add a star to your creations. If you haven't seen this movie - I would totally recommend it - it is fun, has a modern twist in a renaissance movie and is full of romance, valor and comedy.

I have to say that I was a little skeptical about this movie when it first came out but as soon as we started to watch it - I really fell in LOVE with it and since then, I have seen it at least 15 to 20 times over the years. Its just a sweet story with a modern feel (if you haven't seen it yet - its an awesome date night movie - as I think the DHs will like the jousting/and all of that too). I made my card inspired by the romance between Jocelyn and William. She asks him at one point that if he loves her - he will lose each joust in the tournament... love those scenes between them). I created this card based on the saturday sketch (you can check out the album here and upload your card with the tag sk010910) at Paper Craft Planet.

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Prism cardstock and Cool copper from the Paper Company
Ink: MEmento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Silver, Platinum, Copper inks
Stamps: Swirly Stars (stars from Verve) and the crest is a download from the internet
Accessories: corner rounder, dimensionals, gromet, EK success punch, heart love pin, Fleur de Lis embossing, Spellbinders.

I used the fluer-de lis since the tournament happened in France, the copper and the silver to show the metalwork in the movie, and the red for the love between Jocelyn and William. I LOVE the part where they create their own crest - a Phoenix rising from the ashes - this is such a symbol to me in the movie - of the power you have to create the life that you desire and to forge ahead through all difficulties and obstacles.

I had so much fun making this card - and I hope that you will join us over at Cinema Saturday and play along with us!! We just created a little inspiration corner to help with ideas so if you have been wanting to play along but perhaps thought it seemed to hard - please do check it out - we hope it helps!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!
Happy Jousting!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

8 comments:

Maureen said...

this is fabulous, Sankari!! I loved the movie when it came out too...the modern feel for it and the new actor, Heath!! It's when i fell in love with the dashing Australian :) I love the crest, colours, metal, background, everything...you've left no detail off...that's what I love about your cards :) Thanks for the kind, caring words on my blog...I'm doing well...we have a big family and lots of friends and a strong faith, which are all blessings during sad times. It's just all part of the circle of life :) Thanks for the hugs :)

Maureen

RiNNE said...

Love all the elements of your card -- especially the stars! And I liked that you incorporated other details from the movie as well!! That movie (& Heath) was wonderful!

Brooke S said...

see last night I would have not gone to bed because I would have been making a NEW CARD... You never cease to amaze me... I love the Crest.. I didn't even think looking for one to down load.. I even know a website you can create your own my boys have done it for school project... DUH! The silvering you added over the embossed fleur des le is sooo beautiful... The little stick pin reminds me of a sword. I don't think I can stop talking about how cool your card it's just so perfect... I just love you both to death.. It's a master piece and a keeper for sure...

HUGS

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh that is one of my all time favorite movies!!!

I love love love the music... and the dancing to 'Golden years' (by David Bowie)...SMOKIN' HOT!

Donna Moore said...

I too love this movie, such fun! Your card is wonderful; not only that it is beautiful, very manly and full of great things to look at! What a great tribute to the movie!!

scubasubie said...

I love this card. What a great masculine card especially for valentines day. the crest, colors, everything is FABULOUS!!!

KimCreate said...

Hi, I am a new fan of yours. I see your work around in blog land.
I have to tell you that I LOVE, LOVE this movie!!! I fell in love with Heath Ledger the first time I saw the movie. Your card is fabulous!!! Very inspiring. :)
Kim

http://kimcreate.blogspot.com

Sue said...

What a great GUY card. That in itself is a great accomplishment, since they seem to be the hardest to come up with. Love the red with the silver over it. The center crest is wonderful too. Love all the textures too. What a great challenge the two of you have put together. So very interesting every week, made even more so because you are both so invested in the site and your creative cards.