Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #64 - Titanic


Good Morning Everyone! Every Saturday over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challeng, we pick a movie which is our inspiration to create a card, LO, etc. And this week for our 64th Cinema challenge we are featuring the Oscar winning movie (actually 11 Oscars!!!) - the epic movie: Titanic - which among many awards - also won Best Picture! This movie is simply amazing - the music, the costumes, the visual effects, the story, etc. Its actually hard to watch it again without crying (okay - sobbing! :) The challenge requirement this week is to use a little bit (or a lot) of blue and silver in your creation - Please stop by the Cinema Saturday Blog for more details, to check out our inspiration corner and to see all of the sample creations for this week's movie!
Everytime I think of this movie, I always hear music - actually - just one song..."The Heart Does Go on" by Celine Dion.... sigh - and it always makes me think of Jack and Rose "flying on the bow of the boat... don't you just hear the song in your head right now! So I created a little card of the bow of the boat with the sentiment from the song from the verse - and I cannot listen to it without crying... every single time.... even watching the video is so hard - I am also sobbing by the end... (here is the video from YouTube - you can watch it here - sorry that this video is rather poor quality... but between my sobs - I don't even mind the quality.... )

This sentiment from this song has always touched me - how love can just touch us one time - but that one time can be for a lifetime - so I created my card based on this part of the song and
used the sketch that I created for the Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Paper Craft Planet (if you are playing - please upload with the tag: SK013010). You can join our sketch group here, become a Cinema Saturday fan on the group on PaperCraftPlanet and check out this week's sketch album here. I had fun creating this sketch - but then there was the problem of making a card with it - lol! I used the circle element as a porthole and then created the boat by folding a sheet of blue cardstock and taping down a deck and then cutting out some smokestacks. I added a little bling around the porthole, did a little embossing, some silver ink distressing and finished it with a silver bow. I printed the sentiment from the song - I simply cannot tell you how deeply these lyrics go into my heart... it always moves to hear this song - simply beautiful lyrics and melody and the feeling behind it - is just inspiring....


"Love can touch us one time, and last for a lifetime, And never go till we're one..
Love was when I loved you, One true time I hold to, In my life we'll always go on..

Near, far, where ever you are, I believe that the heart does go on,
Once more, you open the door, And you're here in my heart - And my heart will go on...."

Sigh.. what a movie - I couldn't even watch parts of it last night as I made this card - because it just made my heart ache... actually sniffling right now just thinking about it... I loved making this card - here is a shot from "under" the card:

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Blue cardstock from stash and some Kaiser Off shore paper
InK: silver brilliance ink
Accessories: Martha punches, spellbinders, Kaiser bling, white gel pen, satin silver ribbon and dimensionals

Can't wait to see all of your Titanic creations this week!!! Please head on over to the
CInema Saturday Blog for more details and samples!!!
We hope you will join us and play along!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

23 comments:

Radha said...

I'm glad to the first one here!!!
I love the song...That was my Fav in the hearing...

The diamond and a grand - ma so romantic!

... was sad about the history part...(Titanic) ....

but focusing on the good side..wow... I love Celine D. Cinema Girls!!! She is my fav singer...

Radha said...

going to shop now to make the card woohoo:)))

Radha said...

then u have to take Avatar next time...
Love the creation:)))

Kim Burmeister said...

Shawnie, you are simply amazing! Remember what I told you at CHA...you are WAY up here! Love your work!

cnelson said...

Beautifully done Sankari!!

chris said...

This is INCREDIBLY STUNNING love it, Love your idea for the ship, just amazing i'm not suprised you enjoyed making it.
have a nice weeekend love chris xx

Cassie_lu said...

love the porthole you made and the 3d effect of the ship is amazing

CathyRose said...

You are an amazing talent Sankari. You always make something absolutely awesome!

Anonymous said...

awesome card. I loved the movie and that song is one of my favorites.

Jodi Collins said...

OK...I could seriously cry at the magnificence of this!! Sankari, my sweet friend, you have outdone yourself yet again with this creation! I must go back and stare at it some more!

Jackie Pedro said...

What an awesome card, Sankari!! I used to cry every time I heard this song!! Miss you, girlie!!

Dawn said...

This is amazing! your cards and the things that you create just blow me away! Great job... as always!

Anthonette said...

I'm loving all the details you added here. I love the bow of the boat. Fantastic job, my dear Sankari!

Sonia said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I craft too, but never tried my hand at scrap booking..This is such a relief, too from the usual red and pink overdone for the V-day!!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! This card is so creative and fun! Love it! :) Kathy

Smita said...

This time, I am going to try and take part ;-)... Blue and silver... great colors and I have just the paper! ;-)
Hugs,
Smita

SAMARA said...

speechless

Kimberly Crawford said...

Hi Sankari!!
Gorgeous card!!
It was SO nice to meet you at CHA! Now that we will be "neighbors" in Iowa, we will have to try and get together and stamp sometime!!
((HUGS))
kimberly :)

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card!! Love how you used the jumbo eyelets, so perfect!

Radha said...

Sweet u cried too???
here the same... okay ... now I do love the movie more:))
CALL ME:))

Janelle Stollfus said...

Eeeks! This is just awesome Sankari!

Anonymous said...

Sankari, This card is great. I love the boat dimension. I think the silver accents are the perfect touch. You always amaze me with your creative talents and artistic eye.:)

Sue said...

Sankari your card is wonderful! Love how you made the ship and the porthole, very creative. This movie is so emotional, I cry every time I watch it. And that song, you're right, just hearing it makes one tear up. Love your touch of silver too. I didn't get to play this week, life got in the way. But just wanted to tell you great movie choice and matching card!

Hugs
Sue