Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Verve January Release - Day 2 of Sneak Peeks!

Good Morning Everyone!!!
Did you catch the start of the sneak peeks on the Verve Blog?! Julee has created some amazingly beautiful stamp sets for the release this Friday!!! Yesterday, the Divas kicked off the sneak peeks with some amazingly gorgeous samples! Today, we continue the sneak peeks with samples from the stamp set: Accent Notes! Check out the Verve Blog to check out what yumminesssssss Michelle, Tosh, Shannan have created for your viewing pleasure!!! I totally adore every stamp in this beautiful stamp set and here is my card using the Accent Notes set:


You know me and sunshine - I can't get enough of it (especially with all the weather that we have been having!) The background of the card is stamped with one of the beautiful filigree stamps that Julee has designed. I stamped the circle motif and spellbinded it out (can that be a new verb? lol!) and then popped up the sentiment on a circle that I had punched out. I created little rays with just some strips of yellow paper attached with glue dots - and then created some stripes on the bottom with a copic and a gel pen :). And for the final touch - a bit of bling, a strip of ribbon and some liquid pearls :)

I can't even tell you how I loved making this card! The release party for all the stamp sets that Julee will be releasing will be happening on Friday Night!!! And you could win some awesome Verve-y goodness too!! We have 5 challenges lined up for you - all you have to do is to complete a challenge and upload it (you can check out the Master thread for more info!). You can also do all 5 to be a Verve Champion! Here are all 5 challenges:

Challenge 1 :
Chipboard challenge brought to you by Michelle (upload with key word: VSJAN10A)
Challenge 2 :
A Valentine Favor challenge brought to you by ME!!! :) (upload with key word: VSJAN10B)
Challenge 3:
A color challenge brought to you by Amber (upload with key word: VSJAN10C)
Challenge 4:
A sketch challenge brought to you by Teresa (upload with key word: VSJAN10D)
Challenge 5

My challenge was to create a Valentine Favor Box! I created a cake slice favor box stuffed with Lindt Chocolates :) (which as Maureen was mentioning is a hard thing to make especially when you are trying to save enough chocolates for the picture you are going to take! lol!) I decorated a cake slice favor box that I had - but you can create one of your own with this template. Here is my favor box with a super sneaky sneak peek (more on this stamp set later this week!) from the stamp set called: Love's Flower which will also be released on Friday!

Here is a picture of the cake slice box from the side:
From the other side:

From the top:

And then when it is opened to reveal all the yummies within it :)
(see, I didn't eat the whole thing! (just most of it :)


I hope you enjoyed all the sneak peeks today! You can check out the Verve blog here for more information - and check out this Master thread on the SCS forum for more details as to how to play along!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!!
Big sunshiney hugs :)
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What gorgeous projects Sankari! I would love to watch you create! You always blow me away with the details! :) Kathy

Brandi said...

Sankari you are amazing! I love both projects, but the card with the sun on it made me say WoW outloud! Thank you so much for being so inspirational to me! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your card just makes me smile Sankari!! Love all the details!! Especially the *rays*!! And your cupcake box is just so yummy!! Two very fantastic creations!!

Rosie said...

Wow! I really enjoy your products. You do amazing work!

Dawn said...

Stellar! I love everything you create! That card is simply gorgeous and amazing!! I have much to learn oh masterful one :)

Cassie_lu said...

both are amazing projects. The sun card is amazing with the colors and the sun you made - very warm indeed.

Marianne C said...

What a beautiful box you have created. Detail work "to die for" - just fabulous. Love the sunshine card too...I just knew it was yours because of the bright colours! Love it. TFS

Anonymous said...

Sankari...Oh YUMMY..that cake box is about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I love your artistic eye and creative style. Your blog is such fun to peek at!

Betty Wright said...

Sankari, these are fabulous! LOVE how you did the flower topper, too! Beautiful stuff, girl!

Radha said...

l o v e the box babe!

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous favor box Sankari, and that card WOW! Love the bright colours and gorgeousness of it.

Melissa Sauls said...

Absolutely GOJUS!!!! I'm loving the cake slices...such amazing details AS ALWAYS!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Naomi said...

I am constantly blown away by your detail work! This sunshine card is phenomenal! LOVE it! And the candy favor is just divine....and is that a Lindt truffle I see peeking out from inside? HEHEHE!!!

Sonia said...

I'm short of words..Just want to say that you deserve to be a part of the design team, and I know they're mighty proud of you! Keep 'em coming!!