Friday, December 31, 2010

JustRite Stamps: Celebrate 2011 - Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone!

Can you believe its 2011 in a matter of hours? Whaaaaa...? Where did the time go? I think this year has gone both slowww and super fast! And somehow with this weird warm spell that we have right now - it doesn't even feel like December - let alone New Year's Eve. I am thinking about my resolutions and how to make them last this year... I think last year, I made it through for 4 days and that was it! LOL! How do you make your resolutions last? Any tips?

Well, we are busily unpacking from our trip out to see our family and all my hopes to have a clean house and craftroom before Jan 1 are totally dashed - messy house it has to be - what else is new?! :) But, in the midst of unpacking, I wanted to make a special card for a friend of mine from middle school who has had a lot to celebrate in 2010 with a wedding a new baby on the way and even though she can't have a martini right now, I thought she might enjoy one on a card :) Hoping that her 2011 will be filled with even more blessings :)

I used the orginal JustRite stamp set:  Girl Time Borders & Centers for the cute little martini glass and created the sentiment: "Celebrate" with the Myriad Pro 50 Pt stamp set. I love that you can create your own sentiments and choose which size you want that sentiment to be with all the JustRite fonts. It makes it perfect for creating a sentiment, embossing it etc. I kept the color theme a simple black, white and red theme with a wee bit of silver for celebration :) AND, I LOVE that JustRite has just come out with custom dies from Spellbindes!!! I used their Nested Frame Die to cut the sentiment out after stamping it and to cut out the red piece of felt that the sentiment is propped up against. You can check out all the JustRite Custom dies from Spellbinder's here. This was such a fun card to make and while making reflect on the wonder of how quickly time seems to just f-l-y by! I can't wait to mail it out to her and also can't wait to see what 2011 holds for all of us :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Black from Bazzil, Red from Prism and rest from stash
StampsJustRite stamp sets:  Girl Time Borders & Centers (martini glass)  and sentiment with the Myriad Pro 50 Pt stamp set. 
Ink: Memento Inks: Tuxedo Black and copics
Accessories: JustRite Nested Frames Die, silver ribbon from stash, circle nestabilities from Spellbinders, red ric rac, red bling, MS punch, corner chomper, felt, liquid pearls, glaze and dimensionals. 

I am off to finish unpacking (sooo not a glamorous way to ring in the new year!) and make some simple resolutions that I hope I can stick to for more than 4 days!!!

As this year closes, I just want to thank all of you who have stopped by and left a comment - thank you soooo much!!! I feel so blessed to be part of this blogland community of cardmakers and am always inspired by everything that you do! Thank you so much for being my blog buddies :))))

Wishing each of you and your families the best 2011 and that it is filled with celebration, blessings, laughter, joy, dreams come true, prosperity and deep bliss and contentment!!!

Happy New Year!!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


1 comment:

Radha said...

Happy New Year !!!
Love your creation!!!