Friday, December 10, 2010

Viva La Verve- Week #2 (December 10,2010)

Hi Everyone!


Wow! It has been so busy around here that  I hardly have had a moment to breathe/blog! 
But today I am super excited to be this week's Viva La Verve hostess on Splitcoaststampers while Amber takes a break this month. Each week this month one of the Verve Divas will be hosting the sketch challenge and I hope that you will play along with my sketch this week!



We are going to do the challenges this month a little different. Instead of an inspiration picture, we have a theme! This month's theme is Ornaments & Winter Decor. Find inspiration from ornaments, wreaths, trees or any of the fabulously pretty things that are decking the halls this time of year! I was inspired by all the sparkley bling bling that deck the halls this time of year - I love all the different colored ornaments and multi-colored lights that trim the trees - so I went with the a multi color approach using the lovely Crate papers and the gorgeous Verve  stamp sets: Glad TidingsWinter Mittens and the awesome Verve: A Cut Above die: Sweet Scallop die

The oval image in the stamp could be for the sentiment but I used that area for my snowflakes (sometimes its hard for me to follow my own sketch ) I love the beautiful snowflakes that Julee has designed from the Glad Tidings set and so for this sketch, I stamped them in an Aquamarine chalk ink and then covered them in stickles (Diamond) and then cut them out. The sentiment is from the Winter Mittens stamp set that comes with the cutest mittens evah! I first cut out cardstock using my  Verve: A Cut Above die: Sweet Scallop die and then stamped the large snowflake lightly in the background and then stamped the sentiment in the middle.

Card Ingredients:
PaperCrate Paper and Bazzill
StampsGlad Tidings, Winter Mittens and the awesome Verve: A Cut Above die: Sweet Scallop die from Verve Stamps
InkChalkbox Aquamarine and Memento Rich Cocao
AccessoriesBling from Kaiser, EK success stamp, twine, PTI ribbon, liquid pearls, eyelet, MFT small scallop die, Bling from Want2Scrap and dimensionals and Diamond stickles

There is a chance for some lucky someone to win the next entire Verve Release (holy smokes Batman!!) and to read all the details - please check out this thread here and play along!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Hope you are keeping merry during this glorious time of year!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

3 comments:

Radha said...

Hai hai Kia bath hain!
Love it!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wooooowwww so beautiful! Love your work! Janine

Radha said...

Sweetheart! Is was such a blessing honor to see all the amazing creations of your in person!!!
How blessed I'm!
And you are such an inspiration to me!

Well done, well organized! Your boot is amazing each time.