Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone!

I can't even tell you HOW much I love the Hangin' Out at the North Pole Stamp set from Taylored Expressions! All the images of the little stockings and mittens are sooooo cute!!! They don't necessarily have to be hung up - but can be used as a focal image on the card just by itself - but they are so much fun to hang up on the cute candy striped poles in this stamp set!!! Check  out all the images in the stamp set here!



I sponged the background with some baby blue ink and then It was fun to stamp and color the stockings and then I cut them out and "hung" them on some twine that I tied on either end of the poles. The snow was created by cutting out wavy hills and then adding some texture by adding some glaze and then sponging some crumpled paper in the glaze while it was drying. I added a little ruffled ribbon on the top and finished it off with a little tag with the sentiment: "Merry Christmas". Using the small scallop border die from Taylored Expressions, I created a little green scalloped green border at the bottom edge to tie all the red and green elements in the card.

I had fun creating this card and love all the Hanging out Stamp sets that Taylor has - check them all out here:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!
Hugs,
Sankari :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Card Ingredients: 
Paper: from stash
StampsHangin' Out at the North Pole Stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Inks: Summer Sky, Tuxedo Black and copics
Accessories: liquid glaze, small scalloped die from Taylored Expressions, liquid pearls white and red and glaze, dimensionals, Baker's Twine, bling from Kaiser and my trusty corner chomper.



5 comments:

Sudha said...

Beautiful. So cheerful.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Just a note to tell you that I LOVE this card, and I love how you use the liquid pearls! You've inspired me to buy three colors and I've had a ball using them! They are fabulous - easy to use and dry much faster than I thought they would.

You have so much talent and I enjoy visiting your blog - I always see something new - THANK you!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just absolutely CHARMING!! I love the Pole clothesline with the darling stockings hanging! And your liquid pearls are a wonderful addition!!

Jen said...

So so cute! Love it!
Thank you for sharing

Janet Rice said...

Now that's just the cutest card ever! I hope I'm on you Christmas card list :)