Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taylored Expressions Special Release


Hi everyone,

Today we have something exciting and totally awesome over at Taylored Expressions: A Mid-month Release! Woo-hoo!!! The stamps, dies and papers that were released earlier this month were so lovely and today there is MORE!- we are sneaking peeks from 3 stamp sets today - all of which also coordinate with Spellbinders dies! AND the best part is that it is available for purchase: TODAY!!! 

Both stamp sets are made of deeply etched red rubber on EZ cling mount - already trimmed and ready to get stamped! Here are the sweet stamp sets that we are releasing today:

1. Labels of Love - which coordinates with the Ribbon Tags Trio 3 from Spellbinders. 
2. You're My Type Upper/Lower along with the Nested Pennants/ Lacey Pennants.


GET WELL SOON:

The first card that I did today uses the Labels of Love stamp set - which I totally have fallen in love with! This stamp set was designed and illustrated by Taylor as part of the "te" collection and is a full sized stamp set featuring 31 images (WOW!) and has 7 frames, 6 flourishes and 18 sentiments for every occasion and frame styles that can coordinate with the sentiments within this stamp and also with the stamps that you already have! These dies coordinate perfectly with the Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 and cuts out 2 die slits at either end to slide the ribbon through! Here is an example of one of the Tags - and how to slide a ribbon through:

This makes it super simple to have a sentiment sit ontop of a ribbon and also to tie a bow at the end of the tag. For my first project today, I paired the the Labels of Love sentiment: "Get Well Soon" with the bottom die from the Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 . I used the Brand spankin' new April Key Ingredients that are filled with soft colors and super sweet embellishments (you can read all about Taylor's Key Ingredients feature and this month's Key Ingredients HERE). I stamped the label in Rose Bud ink and then stamped the sentiment in Bahama blue  in the middle. It is so quick to line up the coordinating tag and then cut it out. I ran the Leafy Branch die through and then added some roses from the KI kit and finished it off with a little butterfly from the Butterfly trio dies that I adorned onto a die cut square:

Here is a close up of the butterfly, the label and the leafy branch dies (i hand cut the innter oval and popped it up a little more and added one of the many flourishes to the center of the sentiment:



Card Ingredient:
Inks: Rose Bud, Bahama Blue from Memento
Spellbinders: Ribbon Tag Trio 3, Lacey Rectangles
Accessories: roses and ribbon are from the April Key Ingredients kit, liquid pearls, dimensionals, pearls, Butterfly trio dies from Taylor, Leafy Branch die


Taylor is also offering a Labels of Love Bundle with the coordinating Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 die - you can check it out here!

CONGRATULATIONS

The second project today features the super awesome You're My Type Upper/Lower along with theNested and Lacey Pennants. The You're My Type Upper/Lower : are 2 separate Mini Stamp sets (mini means that each stamp is on a 4.75 square sturdy storage full color panel). 

Both the Upper and Lower sets includes 26 images from A-Z - the Lower set has another additional 10 sets which include the numbers 1 -0 for a total of 36 stamps!!!.  These stamp sets work perfectly into the Nested and Lacey Pennants - and are beyond awesome for personalizing messages, names, events, and so many more occasions! They are a wonderful size and such a fun font! They coordinate perfectly with the 1/2" circle punch - but I used the 1/2" square punch and matted it onto the 3/4" circle punch - so how ever you want to do it - its the perfect way to create your own sentiments - whether punching them out individually - or stamping them out as a lined sentiment! love the versatility!

For my second project, I wanted a slightly different shape and so I used the Grand Nestabilities Labels 1 with my Grand Calibur - which I have to say is just awesome - I love that it can cut the large die shapes and at the same time you can also run all of the regular die shapes in them all at once!


Here is a picture of all the nesties that I used for this project and a pic of the mini sets and how easily all of them can go through the Grand Calibur:



I used the  Grand Nestabilities Labels 1 and sandwiched it and ran it through:


After running this through - I cut the Labels 1 in half - I wanted to use this half shape on my card and can save the other half for a future project :)


It's also easy to run all the dies (you can stack so many dies and run them all together) and so it made creating a pennant much easier/faster. I wanted to tweet my "Congratulations" to two of my friends who decided to finally get engaged over the weekend (yay!) - so I stamped the word congratulations using the You're My Type UpperYou're My Type Lower stamps and then punching it out with a 1/2" square and matting it onto a 3/4" inch punched black circles and popped them up onto the nested and lacey pennants that I strung into a little banner and tied little twine ribbons at either end. In the middle I put a little heart and used the the sweet little birds from the Tweethearts stamp set in the middle. 


Here is a close up of the letters that I punched out with a square 1/2" punch and then popped up on a 3/4" circle that was then popped up on the pennant (nested matted onto the lacey pennants) and then popped up onto the cardstock (needless to say - this will be handed over in person :D)







Card Ingredient:
StampsYou're My Type Upper, You're My Type Lower and Tweethearts
Papers: Schoolhouse from OA
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Colorbox Chalk Ice Blue and Colorbox Chalk ink Warm Red
Accessories: 1/2" square punch, 3/4" inch circle punch, dimensionals, sponger, liquid pearls, ribbon from stash, heart punch from Fiskars, pearls from Want2Sxrap, EK success scallop punch


I hope you are as excited as all of us are about this month's Mid-month Release! There are seriously SOOO many options with all of these labels and sentiments and then the fact that you can create your own sentiments with the new type stamps!!! Please hop on over with me and check out the amazing creations from the Baker's Dozen with all of today's releases!!



Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Hope your day is filled with butterflies, birdies, sunshine and love :D
Sankari

Here are the Taylored dies that I used to create my card today:


 

9 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oh seriously, girl!! You absolutely amaze me! These are just gorgeous! Beyond gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I literally wait with anticipation to get to the bottom of my blog list to see what your mind came up with! That Congrats card is just over the top gorgeous... I just love how you put the little birds up on top and the elegant Get Well card is just gorgeous with those pearls and roses!

Danni said...

Wow! Stunning creations!

Karen Motz said...

Holy stunning projects Batman!!!!! That first card just makes me smile with the sweet roses on the leafy branch and I'm blown away by the second card...AH-FREAKING-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

WOW! These are SHOWSTOPPERS for sure! I especially LOVE the Congrats card!!!

Regina Mangum said...

STUNNING, Sankari! The sweet little birds are darling and your butterfly card is just beautiful. XOXO

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness girlie, just abso,utely gorgeous as usual!! I'm in love with your pennant card...just feel free to send it my way. :)

Shay said...

I have been visitng your for a couple of months now. I never do anything but have good intentions..does that count. Anyway I wanted to let you know I am simply amazed at your work....great stuff and I love the color combo that you use. Keep it up.

Janine - Ellabella said...

Your card is absolutely sweet. I love it so much. Colors are fabulous, Janine