Saturday, September 20, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You - Kazan's Sketch Challenge


Good Morning Everyone,

Here is a card for the sketch challenge over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I was bummed that I missed Kazan's Challenge 2 weeks running, and so I had to carve out a little time this week to take a jab at her awesome sketch this week.

This is a card that I made for my dearest husband Keith. I wanted to make a special card for him to thank him for all the wonderful things that he does for the family - all the things that I appreciate and never want to take for granted. So I made him an extra special glittery card with the sentiment: Me {heart} U

The whole card is much more shiny than it shows up in this picture  - the background paper is metallic silvery glittery - the letters are pure silver glitter and the ribbon is a really pretty sheer sliver glittery ribbon. The center square was painted with some red, magenta, pink and white paint and then everything was dotted....  I think i went a little dot crazy. I couldn't stop.... :) LOL - it's actually very therapeutic to dot.... 

And now a little tribute to Keith: 
I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend. He is always so sweet and balanced and easy going - and takes the stress out of any stressful situation. He always brings a smile to my face with his sweetness. He gives the best hugs and is always so supportive and encouraging (he even subscribed to my blog - so sweet!) My favorite thing is to dance to the hits of the 80's with Keith - it totally cracks both of us up - I am sure it will be a source of embarrassment for the kids when they are older :) LOL!  Keith - you totally rock my world! Love you Boo!

I am so thankful for all the little and big things that make life beautiful - for all the people in our lives and for all of you awesome blog friends that I have in this magical world of blogland :) Sending all of you sunshiney smiles :)

Hope all of you are having a great weekend!! 
Thanks for coming over for a visit,
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)


Card Recipe: 
Paper: Paper Company (Gun Metal) and scrap cardstock for the rest
Accessories: Paint, Silver Offray Ribbon, K & Company Silver Chipboard
Shows Watched: Monk on Hulu

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the cards are beautiful but I especially love the card you made for your hubby - it is darling and the thought behind it is lovely too :)

Eveline said...

What a beautiful card you made. I love the colors and the big ribbon.
Eveline.

Joke said...

Wow, that bow! It's perfect. Love the colour combo.

Kathryn said...

So Beautiful -- I love the ribbon and all the details of your card -- so very pretty! :)

Dawn♥ said...

OMGoodness what beauty! Love it!