Monday, September 1, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #31 (Miss you Cupcakes!)



Hello Everyone, 

Happy Labor Day - hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Things here have been more than busy - I can't believe that its been so long since I have made a card - I feel like I am in card withdrawal .... so it was so nice to do Taylor's Cupcake Challenge.  On the left is Taylor's fun sketch for this week! I love all of her fun sketches and especially the fact that we are encouraged to use cupcakes - who doesn't love that!!!
I started making a completely different card - but then after about an hour - it just wasn't working - have you ever had that experience....  aarrgH!...  so after a while - I just gave up and started from scratch. 
I created the tree background in Photoshop and then after printing it out, I drew little cupcakes that I cut, colored and adhered to the tree - as if the tree had  little cupcake flowers. 

(sidenote: Wouldn't that be great if there was a cupcake tree that grew in your back yard! Then, if your child told you at the last minute that the bake sale was tomorrow - you could just run out to the back yard and pick a few from your backyard cupcake tree! mmmm... cupcake tree!)
That was a yummy digression..  :) the rest of the card was pretty straightforward to put together... I cut the ribbon slit a little bigger so that I could run two ribbons through and then run another one on the side to tie a little bow... The ovals were cut with my CM cutters and centered onto the cupcake tree panel. I painted the cupcakes with a little pink paint and added some pink dots to the ovals and wrote the sentiment: Miss You Cupcakes!"  in the honor of my friend who I totally miss and who is as sweet as cupcakes :)

Well, hope all of you get to enjoy some cupcakes soon! (Even the word cupcake is fun to say!)
This is my birthday week! There I said it!! So I am turning 29 again :) LOL! I am so excited !!! Will have to post some pics! Wishing all of you a happy Sept!!!!
Thanks for visiting!

Ciao for now,
Sankari  :)
Card Recipe:
Paper: DCVW Cardstock
Ink: Martha Stewart Brownstone and Metallic copper on the edges
Tools: Photoshop
Acccessories: Brads from Making Memories , Ribbon from Martha Stewart, Black Diamond Stickles, Pink Acrylic Paint, Brown Archival Pen from Creative Memories, Oval cutters (Creative Memories)
Shows Watched:  the first few episodes of The O.C (on Hulu) I never got into it when it came out - and then I thought I would watch a few to see what the hype was about on Hulu - and now I am an undercover OC fan :)

27 comments:

Lori said...

Simply stunning! Just WOW - I love all the rich colors and the creativity on coming up w/ that tree in Photoshop! Great job... and thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment ... happy birthday week!!!

zukesgirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!

Thanks for leaving a comment as I just LOVE your blog! Your work is awesome!

I lOVE the idea of a cupcake tree. Then you could go just have a little bit of icing now and then ... mmmm. Your pink icing looks delicious.

Tracy

Kristie W. said...

That is so cute! What a great idea.

Stacey Schafer said...

This is gorgeous, Sankari!

Regan said...

wow- beautiful card, you really rock that photoshop- you'll have to teach me!!

Taylor said...

So very pretty, Sankari! I've been eyeing that tree/cupcake image for a while now and I think you've pushed me over the edge! :) Thanks for playing the challenge, I always look forward to seeing your creations!

Felicia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your card is just tooooo cute! I thought at first is that cupcakes? When I read your text I see that it is. What a great idea!

Curt in Indy said...

Love how you combined the elements of the card with photoshop! Ingenious! Beautiful card! And Happy early Birthday to you! Hope it is wonderful! Best, Curt

Brooke S said...

So very clever you are.. You have to love it when Taylor her self comments about you card... Thanks for all the sweetness you send my way. I truly can't wait to read you comments. You'r one of my favorite people in the whole world.. I am of to play with kids I will chat later...
Hugs
Brooke

P.s. you always rock photoshop..

Savitri said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love what you did with it and whoo hoo on Photoshop :)

Man, I am sooo behind in my blog hoppin' this weekend. I haven't done anything crafty either.

So, still procrastinating? :) Better get movin' :)

Happy, happy birthday week!!!

Catherine said...

You are just absolutely clever! And, who wouldn't love a cupcake tree in their backyard, i think Taylor does...LOL! I'm always sure that i'll be in AWE everytime i visit your blog. Hope you're having a great day!

Taylor said...

Sankari... how can I get a hold of you? I can't find your email address anywhere on your blog. Will you send me an email? tayloredexpressions@gmail.com

Anthonette said...

Very creative, Sankari! You totally rocked this challenge. Have a great week!

Donna Baker said...

wow, this is super sweet! I love the bg & aren't you so clever to think of a blooming cupcake tree! congratulations on winning cupcake sampler honors!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is so adorable. I LOVE IT!

Misty said...

It's great Sankari! I love the pink frosting.
Take care and thanks for sharing.
Misty

Candy said...

OMGosh this is so darn cute!!

Mandy said...

This is just so cute, Sankari! I love it!!

JenMarie said...

WOW! Stunning!

Kristine said...

WOW--you sure did a lot of thinking and work on this beauty!! :) LOVE IT! I even just love the idea of cupcakes growing on a tree!! :)

Kisa Peters said...

OMG! This is GORGEOUS! I'm not really surprised at all by seeing something so amazing on your blog, but still....this is sooo awesome! Those cupcakes are to die for...the tree.....all of it! It is a treat for the eyes for sure!

Anonymous said...

Your card is amazing! I love the cupcake tree and the colors are spectaular!

Anthonette said...

Hi Sankari, I totally forgot to mention that we love Hulu too. I love how you mention what shows you watched while making your creations. We watch "30 Rock" on Hulu and "Burn Notice". I love that the commercials are so short.

Brooke S said...

I know I already commented on this card it just makes me giggle.. I love the cupcakes in the tree. It's just Brilliant. You really must have you b-day on the brain to have come up with treats in a tree. Or maybe you have been playing "Candy Land" with DS.

Love Ya
Hugs
Brooke

Smriti said...

Oh this is so awesome! It has a serene feeling around it. I support you in your dream of the cupcake tree :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazingly creative. So different. You're an artist!

Heather said...

omg, look what I found: http://flickr.com/photos/amandascakes/2379338894/

Your card is SOOOOO adorable, I love it! Very creative and great execution. Now I know why I waited to comment on it till tonight though, so I could send you that link!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it is super duper fantabuloso!!!!!!!!!