Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge #21

Hello All,

Thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday!!! It was one of the best birthday's ever! From the moment it began till late at night when it merged into today - my birthday was fabulously sweet and happy :) I LOVE LOVE b-days - but usually not mine :) so it was nice to really enjoy having a birthday and getting into the celebratory spirit. My favoritest tradition is having a birthday breakfast party in Pajamas - and that is what we did yesterday - maybe I will post some pics of that later - .... Thanks again for your great wishes guys!!! That totally made my day even more special!!!

When I saw Kristina's challenge posted yesterday I was thrown for a loop - I didn't have time to do it because I am teaching every afternoon this week and needed to prepare lessons but at the same time couldn't think about anything else the whole time I was working on my lecture :) So after I came home today - I planted myself down in my little corner and tried to get some mojo to flow ....... Wow, I am not used to doing Kristina's challenges during the daytime... its usually into the night :) okay - waaaay into the nigh - LOL!) I think the creativity flows a little better at night.....  :) 

Look at these fun colors that she swatched our way - I totally LOVE all these colors - but I found this one definitely a challenge -  to put these colors together .... that Pacific Point blue kept throwing me off - so after 4 attempts and a craft corner strewn with little remnants of my shattered efforts - I finally decided to go simple and somehow actually liked the card :)

This card is for my friend's son's birthday - (whose birthday was last week - he just turned 4). I figure, you can't go wrong with putting a dinosaur on a card for a little boy's b-day card. I kept resisting putting a ribbon around this card (man, was that hard!). 

The image was paper pieced and the spots cut out in random and then glazed. The present box was punched out and then Stickled and I tied a ribbon around that (there has to be some ribbon.... right?). The scalloped circles were punched out from Martha's mini punch and then a small amount of glaze was applied to the edges.

 I wanted to mimic the ridges of the dinosaur's back with the mini scallop punch running the edge of the half circle (can you believe that this is a 2 layer card - I don't think that has happened in a while! 

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun making this card - and can't wait to surf through and see all the other great entries. Hope all of you are doing great! It's almost Friday!! Woo-hoo! I can have some R & R from teaching!

Have a Dino-mite Thursday night!!!
Sankari :)


Card Recipe:
Stamp: from G studio
Ink: No ink - just a pen (don't know from where...) I printed the sentiment and then went over it
Cardstock: DCVW
Accessories: ribbon, Circle Cutting system from Creative Memories, Liquid Glaze, Stickles
Show Watched: The rest of Season 1 of the OC --- (watched it on Hulu.... ) and then started watching Monk :)

13 comments:

JackieLou said...

Hey Sankari this is a very adorable card. great job.
Jackielou

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Another lovely creation Sankari!!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have/had a WONDERFUL day.

Sarah
x

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I love the curved part.

zukesgirl said...

OH I am LOVING that card -- how perfect for a little boy!

My fave part is that glaze you added SUCH a perfect touch.

I am soooo glad you had a great birthday. I hope you got yourself a little treat too - one should always get oneself a little birthday present. Just to remind you to love yourself too!

Regan said...

well- hello cuteness!

Sherri said...

That is so cute! ...love the dimension on the dinosaur!!

Anonymous said...

This is very cute.
Happy Belated! Amy.

Brooke S said...

Are you a "Super Hero" or something???? I am so impressed that you found the time to do the challenge.... You "Dino"-rocked the challenge baby.... I absolutely think this card is adorable.....

The tiny present was worth all the pain.. The scales so small but perfect of course....

Every tiny little detail is delicious.....

Who knows this week-end might just be full of "Surprises" !!!

Lets talk soon... Miss ya,
Big Dino Hugs,
Brooke

Savitri said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! Oh, top 10 for sure!! So, you got through teaching ok? :)

Megan said...

This card is so cute! I agree with you on the less is more, atleast with this card! I love it! I love the scallop edges that mimick the dino's back! Amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is TOTALLY adorable!

Donna Baker said...

what a fun card - I'm sure the birthday boy will love it! going to have to get some since I have a nephew now (dinosaurs) I hope you post pics from the b'day breakfast - sounds like fun!!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!