Monday, September 22, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #34 - Trick or Sweet!


Good Monday Morning!

Hope all of you had a good weekend! Ours was jam packed with lots of birthday parties, picnics and potlucks. I also went to the store to get some paint and started painting a wall down in the basement. It was something that I just felt had to be done, something that I was thinking about for a while - and so when the kids were asleep - I taped off the walls and started painting away! I chose a really pretty color - in between a yellow and orange called daffodil. A friend of mine is coming over next weekend to help me paint a small mural as the border to the wall....Can't wait to show you guys the finished product later. 

I wasn't able t craft till last night when all the wee ones were tucked away into bed - and then I was so psyched to pull out my new stamps from Taylored Expressions for Taylor's Cupcake Friday challenge!!! This week's sketch is found to the left. Taylor had encouraged us to get creative with the stitching aspect of the sketch and also the beauty of a card when it is decorated on the inside as well.

So here is what I came up with: my first Halloween card... ever! I just realized that I have never made one before (whaaaa?)!!! It was an awesome way to make my first one because these images of these cupcakes in their halloween costumes is just waaaay beyond cute! The stamps are a dream to stamp and clean and the images produced are very crisp. It was sooo much fun to make this card! Everything on this card is from Taylor's Halloween Key Ingredients Kit. 
I stamped all the cupcake images and then cut them out. The bottoms were paper pieced with 
gray metal paper. The rest of the images were colored with Prism pencils and the witches hair and part of her broom were painted with brown paint. I used Taylor's brads for the kitty's nose, the pirates green bow and the witches cape. The cupcakes were stacked onto a strip of green cardstock and then was faux stitched using purple paint. The strip that was to become the "folder" for the stacked cupcake tab - is a piece of cardstock from Taylor's Halloween pack (all paper is from TE). The top opening was punched out the a 2" circle punch and then outlined with the scallop rim from my scallop punch. 

The folder was faux stitched with purple paint. The square mini card on card front has scalloped border (corner rounder) and is matted using the square punches from Creative Memories. The sentiment reads: Trick or Sweet. The ribbon slit was cut into the mini card  (the purple ribbon was adhered onto the orange ribbon). 

The inside pumpkin cupcake has the same paper piecing and has the pumpkin grooves outlined in stickles. I loved the sentiment which reads: " When mummies roam and pumpkins gleam, May sweets be yours this Halloween."  

Can't wait to make more fun Halloween cards! Hope all of you are having a great Monday!
Thanks for visiting!
Ciao for now,
Sankari :)

Card Recipe:
Paper: Taylored Expressions Halloween Key Ingredients Kit, Paper Company gray metal paper
Ink: Staz-On Black
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Stamp a Sweet Impressions: Trick or Sweet set
Accessories: corner rounder, square punches from Creative Memories, Scallop punch from SU!, 2 " circle punch from Fiskars, Prism color pencils, Stickles, orange Offray Ribbon and everything else is from TE key ingredients kit.
Shows watched: The Three Amigos!

18 comments:

Regan said...

my gosh- this is fabulous!!!!

Taylor said...

Fabulous, Sankari! What a cute idea... love the little pocket you created for the bookmark and the adorable peek-a-boo sentiment!

Catherine said...

Sankari... you are just too much, this is awesome =)

BTW, i know follow you on Twitter and been getting updates :)

ChrissyM said...

Omgoodness this is adorable so creative! Love it!! Fantastic idea!

Katie Skiff said...

That is an awesome card!

You sound like me and starting up a project. Today I created a faux fireplace in our living room. I'll post it later this week.
I'm adding you to my Google Reader too! Your blog is awesome!

Savitri said...

"WHAAAT, A HALLOWEEN CUPCAKE?!?! WOW!!!!" Direct quote from M :) She, oh we, LOVE your card. WOW, lots of details!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sankari-- Thank so much for stopping by my blog--- I love your cards and projects each week for Taylor's challenges! Where are you in Iowa?? I'm near Cedar Rapids... so we may be close by!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is just adorable!! I love the kitty's nose and how you stacked all of them to make the cute bookmark! :) Great idea!

Donna Baker said...

ack! what a FUN bookmark card! I adore it

Jami said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a cute idea!

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! Wow, you did fabulous with your Halloween card. Can't believe it's your first ever! You were quite ambitious for your first time and wow, you pulled it off nicely!

Love all the compoents to the card. . .very creative!!

Maria

Brooke S said...

How stinkin' Cute did the Halloween Cupcakes challenge turn out.... I love Halloween oxoxoxo... You never seem to amaze me... I had a great time chating last night.. I think regan is a little jealouse.. Everytime I see you come up on the caller ID I get so excited... And he get a little sad look on his face.. He is so happy for me but sad for him because we have so much fun chatting for hours....

I hope you get you computer al sorted out soon.. I can't believe you are so calm about it all. Your AMAZING to be able to keep so calm and to think that all your lesson plans are on the computer and basically you life...

Hurry up Keith and bid like an mad man :)

Good luck today with class..
Hugs
Brooke

Carolina said...

Ohhh, love your take on the challenge! Love how you included a gift within a gift - just too cute!

zukesgirl said...

WOW WOW WOW - how CUTE is that!!!
Tracy

Michelle said...

What a fun card. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Ashley said...

OMGosh!! How stinkin' CUTE!!! :) Love it!!! Hugs, Ash-
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Curt in Indy said...

Absolutely one of the most detailed Halloween cards I have ever seen! And to think it is your first! It is AMAZING! Great job! Best, Curt

Eva said...

Oh my goodnesss.......look at that paper piecing!!!! I used to love to make those, too. I love your colors and the whole card is just a piece of art. Looks like such a fun, fun card!