Saturday, September 20, 2008

3 Color Throwdowns in One

Good Morning All,

I have been missing doing all the awesome color challenges at the Color Throwdown site with all the amazing lovely ladies who design absolutely beautiful cards every week. Last week I made a card - but didn't have time to post it - so I am posting it this week along with this week's throwdown colors. 

The colors this week were so pretty - baja breeze, chocolate chip and old olive. I loved the softness of the baja breeze and wanted to make a softer kind of card. The card was created on Photoshop and matted on the green and brown cardstock. I also added a liquid glaze on the brown bamboo - can't really see it in the pic though and also added a double bow with green and brown ribbon. This was made for a friend who had surgery last week and has been in our thoughts and prayers. 



This card was made for last week's challenge colors to honor 9-11. This card is really simple (I am sorry for the pic - but the light was not quite right for taking pictures) - the background is dry embossed, the sparkles and celebrate sentiment is from DCVW summer paper pack. I added red and blue bling to the sparklers, red and white paint, brads and ribbon. 


This last card was made for a color throwdown challenges from over 5 weeks ago! I missed doing this one when we were visiting family in Minnesota. I love these colors together - they look like sari colors. I have been trying to figure out some samples of simple christmas cards that can be mass produced - and this one came out kinda nice. It was beyond easy to make - this was a 10 minute card - no joke! The triangles were made from cutting squares in half ( I used my Creative Memories square punches in 4 sizes), the circles were punched out with my circle punch, the flower was punched out using my Creative Memories Medow Maker punch. Then I added some ribbon, some painted dots, a button with some stickles and handwrote the sentiment with a gel pen.... The size was a fun one to work with - it was a left over scrap - that looked to cute to go in the trash - I think I might be making a few more of these because they were so quick.



I can't wait to catch up on the rest of the Color Throwdown challenges that I have missed. They are really great challenges and I love looking at the design team's cards - they are all so inspiring. Hope all of you are having a wonderful Saturday and that you get to throw some colors down soon!!!

Thanks for visiting!
Ciao for now,
Sankari

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

WOW WOW WOW! I think you hit the jackpot on all three of these challenges---these are definitely winner! I can't make up my mind which one I like the best....I love Baja Breeze, so I like the first one, but the Christmas tree is so cute, too! THanks for playing!
LeAnne

Kisa Peters said...

Wow x 3! These cards are beautiful! First of all, the bamboo one! GEORGEOUS! I love the 'softness' of the background color but the boldness of the bambo - it looks great!
#2....Love the sparkle of the sparklers! Soo cute!
#3...and, I LOVE these colors as christmas colors! Gorgeous!

So glad to have you back! : )

LORi said...

Really, Really and Really Nice Cards!! TFS!!

zukesgirl said...

All I can say is WOW WOW and WOW

Love the stand up one! I may be 'stealing' that idea. WOW!!!

Catherine said...

Oh my, all 3 cards are just fabulous! But, then again what else should we expect from you :)

Savitri said...

Goodness, you're just going!!! Wow! So many awesome creations. You go go go girl :)