Monday, September 29, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #35 - Happy Bday Card



Good Morning All,

What a crazy night it has been - we have had major rain - major wind - and the lightening was so bright that I couldn't sleep - so I thought I would finish up my card for Taylor's Cupcake Friday Challenge - what a great sketch to play with! This card is made for my friend Mikaila whose birthday is today! Happy Birthday Kali!!!! Miss You!
First things first - I  don't think this is a card that I will be mailing (Kali - that means you have to come home again soon! and stay longer than you did last time!) because it's wee bit on the 3D side. I love the fun DP that Taylor has with this kit and I couldn't really pick one - so I thought it would be fun to do both and fold a corner over.... I was going to flatten it out a bit - but then changed my mind and left it a bit upstanding :) 
I love Taylor's stamps - and couldn't wait to use this sweet little cupcake ready to blow out her cake. I colored the stamped image and then paper pieced the cupcake liner, painted the tongue pink, added a larger brad that I stickled with orange glitter and then glazed the cupcake and cake. The green cardstock, brads, DP & ribbon is from Taylor's kit. The magenta background cardstock was partially embossed with flowers. I went over the sentiment in white get paint.
I sometimes will read on people's blog that the card that they made was just like the idea that they had in their head - and I am always amazed - because that rarely happens around here .... I kinda had a different vision for the card - but kinda ended up liking how it turned out...
 Anyhoo.... it's time to start the day - the wee ones are up - and I thought I would make them some waffles and fruit - -- and by "make" - I mean, "warm up" :)

Wow - so Monday has begun!! Well - hope all of you are having a wonderful start to your week!
Thanks for coming over for a visit!!!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Sankari...YOU did it again! this is awesome...love it =) way to go on your challenges, Missy! :)

Ophthalmologist said...

What an amazing idea to fold over those flaps - it makes this card really OUTSTANDING and gives the sketch a real kick!

Marie said...

Beautiful creation! I love the folding idea and the gel paints. I would love to try it. I really like the details you put with each image.

Savitri said...

Oh, such a great card!! All the details are just AMAZING!!! WOW!

Jennifer said...

I love your idea for the added dimension! Beautiful!

Manuela said...

Hy Sankari... I returned to blogs and scrap. I broke my finger and after I was traveling to Ushuaia, in Argentina, near Antartida. Very cold and snow I am very curious to visit your new cards. I loved the card to alzeimer´s day. I will try the same. Now I am making bookbindind with fabrics. I am loving this. How are you and your kids? Kisses, Manuela

Taylor said...

Sooo cute, Sankari! I love how you folded the paper up to show off the other side!

Unknown said...

You are so darn creative!! Love this card and the gel paints look great!

Anonymous said...

This card ROCKS!!! The colors, the cupcake, and the demention you are awesome. What an amazing artist you are. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Brooke S said...

I added some new tunes today on your favorite player :) oxoxo
Brooke

zukesgirl said...

Beautifully creative! WOW

Heather said...

Let me know when she comes to pick up the card and we should all go for a belated birthday coffee! hehehehehe

Gorgeous and creative, like both the maker and the recipient!

Maria said...

Wow, so pretty Sankari. . .I really love your card. . .it's so creative and very different. I love your cupcake and the 3D look to it. Beautiful colors too! You did fabulous with the sketch!!! It's fun to see what you do with all the different sketches!!

Hope you're having a wonderful week!!

Maria

Curt in Indy said...

OK, I just picked myself up off the floor over this one! In all the hundreds of blogs I see, I have never seen such a cool design! You are absolutely AWESOME! I have to try this! Best, Curt