Friday, October 22, 2010

Blast From the Past Blog Hop #5 from Taylored Expressions

Hi Everyone,.
Every month Taylor hosts a Taylored Expressions Customer Blog Hop - its such a great way to give all your Taylored Expressions stamps lots of love and at the same time, hop around and get wowed with everyone's TE creations!!!  This month's theme was to create Christmas/Holiday cards using any of the Taylored Expressions that weren't recently released. I couldn't wait to play along - I put some holiday music on and started stamping away! I used the sweetest stamp set called : Holiday Wonder and using the BFTP #5 sketch, I created this card using the papers from the Snow Day Project Pantry kit (I love the colors of this Snow Day Project Pantry - they make creating holiday cards merry & bright! :)))
I cut out a rectangle piece of with my nesties and then sponged one corner with some Summer Sky ink and then stamped the tree a few times on the bottom of the rectangle. After coloring the trees in, I cut out a few more trees and then popped them up on dimensionals, stamped Santa and his reindeer from the Holiday Wonder stamp set and then added some snow with some liquid pearls. The sentiment is stamped and then punched out with a circle punch and added it under the image panel.

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Taylored Expressions: Snow White Cardstock and Snow Day Project Pantry
Ink: Memento: Summer Sky, Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud
Accessories: dimensionals, liquid pearls, copics, sponge dauber, glitter, stickles, circle punch and brads from stash

I had so much fun creating this card and I can't wait to see what everyone has created for today's hop!!! Taylor is also giving away a PRIZE, where one random hopper will receive a FREE Taylored Expressions stamp set of choice and she will also be choosing another creation to be featured in the upcoming TE newsletter!!!! Stay tuned to Taylor's blog for more details of the next hop, but in the meantime, come on and hop with me!


Big hugs,
Sankari :)

30 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hi Sankari! love your colorful trees and the wonderful winter sky on this! We used the same stamp set on our cards today!

Cassie said...

Wowza, that is stunning, Sankari ;D

Natalie said...

I knew I would be in for a treat visiting your blog and you certainly did not disappoint!! How cute, love your scene and all the textures and embellies, WOW!!! Thanks for a fun sketch, too btw!

Lea L. said...

Wow...this is so full of amazing detail!! I just love it!! The trees look amazing, and I love how you popped some of them! Great sketch...thanks for providing it! ♥♥♥

Banu said...

WOW.....Stunning card. Loved it. I was looking forward to some amazing creation an here it was. Really neat.

Jodi Collins said...

THUD...hang on...I have to get back on my chair.
This is MAGICAL girlie! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!

Melody said...

Just love how you staggered the trees and the falling snow!

Jess Willison said...

This is gorgeous! Sooo amazing!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty, Sankari! I love the trees and the embossing is the perfect touch for the snowy sky!!

Eva said...

Oh my Goodness....my friend, this is GOOOOOOORGEOUS....love your bright colors and your design is AMAZING!!! And your sketch is so fun! Love it!!! Hey, by the way, I didn't realize you were an Ayurveda consultant...WOW...you AMAZE me with all your talents! Hugs and much LOVE!

Radha said...

love the tree!!! love the color
& waiting 4


Penguin

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow! What an amazing card Sankari. Love the tress, the embossed ski... the gorgeous colors!

katemade designs said...

stunning. Those trees are awesome. TFS

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Your card is wonderful! I love the dimensional trees and the snow especially, what fun!

Chris L.

Jenn said...

Beautiful scene! and thanks for a great sketch.

Joan Ervin said...

Your trees look AWESOME, Sankari, and what gorgeous colors and papers....such a beautiful Christmas card!!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Why hello there lovely lady!! This is amazingly creative girl!! Just love it!

Carolina said...

Hellooooo Sankari! Miss you girl! Hope you and family are doing well. Love what you did with the sketch ~ the winter scene you created is stunning! Hope you have a wonderful weekend - hugs & smiles!!!

Rose said...

Oh my ever lovin' goodness, your card is just awesome, I love the trees, santa and his sled and all the trimmings, fabulous work.

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://corina33.21publish.com/archive/2010/10/20/the-benefits-of-having-a-natural-light-alarm-timepiece.htm]Antique Clocks[/url]

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how fabulous is this, Sankari! WOW! Gorgeous card!

Karen Motz said...

Holy STUNNING!!!!

szbacn1 said...

This card is gorgeous... I love it!

Regina Mangum said...

Sankari, the depth and beauty of this card is off the charts! I just love it. XOXO

sillyleann said...

Ohhhh! I love the trees. Excellent work!!

Pam Hornschu said...

What an amazing card! Love the trees and Santa. Definitely magical. TFS

Pam
www.1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That card is just stunning Sankari!!! Jaw dropping gorgeousness!!!! Thanks for another awesome sketch :)

WickedPixie said...

This one really takes my breath away! It is so magical and beautiful! :-)Traci

Cele Schaffer said...

This card IS magic!! Great job and LOVE the colors!!

Smita said...

Oooh i love this card!! the trees are adorable. :-)