Friday, October 29, 2010

verve New Release Spotlights Day 5

HI Everyone,

Welcome to the 5th day of the Verve New Release Spotlights where today we are showing and previewing one of the newest features that Verve stamps will be offering: Verve dies!!!!  I can't even tell you HOW excited I was to be using the "A Cut Above" Verve Die for the Sweet Scallop tag (this tag die coordinates with two of the tag stamp sets from this month's release). Check out all the details about this newest feature from Julee over at the Verve Stamps Blog!

I was searching for some holiday paper for today's card, when I came across some DP that must be at least 2 years old! I immediately couldn't wait to use these fun colors, the new Scalloped tag and the sentiment: "Happy Holidays" (which is from the stamp set from Verve Merry Wishes - which contain sentiments that you can mix and match up!)

I used one of the Spellbinder's labels and decorated it and added the word "Happy" and then using the Sweet Scalloped tag stamp, I stamped and cut out the image with the Sweet Scalloped die and then stamped it again but this time  cut the inside part of the tie out and popped it up on dimensionals after a little sponging :) I Love the way that this Sweet Scalloped die cuts! I seriously had waaaay to much fun making this card - the holiday music was on, I had a cup of fresh homemade chai next to me - and some time before everyone came back from school - talk about stamp therapy - just what the doctor ordered for  cold and windy day!!

I used the snowflake from the Glad Tidings  stamp set as one of the embellishments for this card. I stamped the medium snowflake in Aquamarine on green paper and then cut it out and and added a little wee button with some gold string in the middle. I also curled the ribbon (with a curling iron and then stuck the curls in place with glue dots) for a fun look after making the card - here is close up:


I simply loved creating this card, I know I am excited to hop on over and check out the amazing creations that the Divas have created for today's hop!!! 

****  Plus, as with our other hops this week, we've hidden a PRIZE on one of the participating blogs, so leave a little comment love as you hop around to be entered into a drawing to win today's featured die and coordinating single stamp!  Deadline for comment entries is 7PM Eastern tonight!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!!!
And hope to see you at 9 pm EST in the Verve Forum for our Release Party!
Sankari :))))

64 comments:

Christine said...

I love the non tradional colors I have been seeing, this card is beautiful!

PawwPadd said...

Hi, OMG! This card has so much fun going on, it's like a day at the carnival!!! Love it! Thanks
Bethann

Saundra said...

Wow! Your card is just so happy and wonderful! Love it!

Rachel B said...

What a very bright and fun non traditional Holiday card! Absolutely beautiful! The tag looks fabulous!

KanataNewf said...

wow - I just love the eye-catching colours you use.

Peggy said...

I love the fun colors you add to your cards. Great job.
God bless!
Peggy Allen

Wendy said...

This is a fun, happy card!! I love how there is so much going on! I can tell you had alot of fun with this!

Janine said...

reminds me of Carnaby street in London!

Detra said...

Wow. Love the colors and the bling. tfs.

Luanne said...

This is just so special! What a celebration of colors and bling! You truly are a wonderul artist. TFS!

Unknown said...

so bright and cheerful! love the papers, the layout, and each fabulous little touch! amazing job, sankari!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so fun.....and exciting...I love it....and I love how you put two tags together .....excellent job....tfs

Lillian Child said...

That is SUCH a HAPPY card - great job!

Karen Day said...

You have such a wonderful way with colour! Really gorgeous card :o)

Charlette Finley said...

This card is so much fun! Anyone would love to get this little goodie in the mail! TFS

Olivia said...

WOW! There is always so much going on with your cards...lots of hard work. Love your idea for the new tag die.

Monica L said...

I love all the bright colors and the layers!

Heather said...

Wow, this card would definitely cheer you up on a gray winter day! there is so much going on! the colors are beautiful

Gretchen said...

Your creations are always so bright an dcheery!! Love, love the nontraditional colors!

Bethany said...

Very bright and colorful.

Tanya said...

I totally love this! I love the fun bright colors! Is it weird that it reminds me of Disney's It's A Small World ride? lol! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a fun card.

Sue D said...

Very cheery colors!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love these new tag shapes! Your cards are always unique with their color, shine and attention to details!

Whimsey said...

Love the use of color - so non-traditional yet fun! Love all the bling, such a fun, happy card!

Lea L. said...

This is so fun and cheery! Love the bright colors!! ♥♥♥

Amy Kolling said...

Look at all those details.....what a fun card!

Marisa said...

What a wonderful colour explosion on this card. way to show of the dies.

Nicole said...

Oh my! Totally unexpected. I love being surprised by your amazing art. Gorgeous!

Allison Cope said...

Lovin' the bright and funky patterns! Cute card Sankari!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous as always! Such fun colors Sankari! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a cheerful card! It just bounces with fun!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

You have a way of pulling colors and patterns together that is just breathtaking! Love it!!

Sudha said...

Wow beautiful dear. So cheerful.

Paula Laird said...

Wow, what a fun, happy card! Love it!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow what a feast for the eyes. Gorgeous colours. Beautiful tags.

Samantha said...

I love the fun non traditional colors you used! It looks wonderful!

KoLet said...

What a fun card, it would definitely make someone smile!

Keva said...

Wow. This card is simply fabulous! Just a bright, cheery, and fun holiday card. I love what you did with it. How did you curl your ribbon, though?

Dawn said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about it!!!

Lin said...

What joy you show in your cards - thanks!

Crafty Math Chick said...

So bright, colorful and happy - it is like a party on a piece of paper! I am in awe of your talent.

ScrappyKy said...

Ohhhh! I love your bright colors! Very nice!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This is such a fun and fruity card!! It totally reminds me of candy or a fair!

Joanne Gilch said...

This card is candy and Christmas and carnival all wrapped in one! Love the colors!!!

Mary said...

Amazing colors! Nice job using all that color in a way that really, really works!

SusieQ said...

Wow...is all I can say.

Anonymous said...

Sankari!! What fun! Bright and bold it's absolutely delish! Thanks for sharing!

Mary B said...

Wow! Definitely a lot of yummy details to look at on this card!

Kelly G said...

Love the non-traditional colors

Ravengirl said...

Wow, what an amazingly fun card!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Bright & cheerful. TFS

Linda from Georgia said...

Wow! Your card pops with color and excitement. Love it!

Rose said...

Oh my gosh, looking at your card is like going on a vacation, so much to see and do, I just love your colors, awesome work.

musesmom said...

beautifule bright colors!

musesmom said...

great colors and bling!

Carrie said...

I love the colors you used. Very Bright and Pretty. TFS

scrappinmommom said...

Very colorful, bright and cheery.

Jan Garber said...

Beautiful colors! Remind me of a temple I went to in New Dehli!

Marsha said...

Oh, my goodness. What a fun card.

Barbie D. said...

What a fun card, so bright and cheery.

Andrea said...

Gorgeous!!! Colorful and fun!

Peachy Wessels said...

So colorful and fun!

Heidi Gonzales said...

Great color combination-so non-traditional, yet so much fun! I love it!