Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Verve New Release Spotlights Day 1: Plain Janes, Many Blessings, Happy Fall


Welcome Everyone to the Verve New Release Spotlight For Autumn 2010!!!  This month's Verve Stamps release is sure to knock your socks off - Julee always creates such gorgeous graphics and such beautiful sentiments! All of the new sets will be ready for purchase this Friday - so stay tuned for more release details!

Today - the Verve Divas are showing samples from the Plain Janes stamps (there are 4 this month!!!), a sweet and lovely stamp set called: Many Blessings and a beautiful happy stamp set called Happy Fall!  I totally fell in love with the three flowers in the Many Blessings stamp set - they are so much fun - they are cute, and little, and are layerable and are the perfect size for a small card or a larger one! 


VSWCMD4.gifFor this first card, I used this stamp set (Many Blessings and paired it up with the sun from the: Let it Shine Stamp set.) I used the gorgeous sketch for World Card Making Day:VSWCMD#4 - you can check out all the gorgeous sketches here and details to play along (one person who plays along with all 5 challenges will win the Autumn release!!! Holla!) 
I loved the circle element in this sketch that was open and floating about - and I decided to make my circle with liquid pearls instead :)  I paired the larger and medium flowers next to each other and then stamped twice, one time coloring and the second cutting and coloring over the first.  Its starting to get cold out here - so I had to make just one last summery kind of card :) I added a little glaze and a little twine to the button for detail.
Here is another picture of the side angle of the flowers - you can see their glazed yumminess and the different cut out layers of the flowers:



Card Ingredients: 
Paper: Echo Park papers and Prism
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue
Stamps: Verve stamps: Many Blessings and  Let it Shine
Accessories: ribbon from stash, Adirondack liquid pearls, corner rounder, cuttlbug embossing plate, CM little butterfly punch, MS grass punch, sakura green embossing pen, bling from Want2Scrap, button from Bo Bunny Indian Summer collection, EK success punch and sponge dauber

As much as I love the bright sunny colors, I also wanted to go a little cooler and went with a palate of btowns and blue. I used one of the Plain Janes with the sentiment from Galatians: "Let me not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." What a lovely sentiment - so inspiring - it was so much fun to color in these sweet flowers different shades of blue and then add a wee bit of bling to the middle:
Card Ingredients: 
Paper: MME and Prism
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Verve stamps: Many Blessings and  Galatians 6:9 Plain Jane
Accessories: ribbon from stash, Adirondack liquid pearls, Spellbinders, dimensionals, MFT die, bling from Want2Scrap and copics

I know that the Verve Divas have some amazing samples to show you with these gorgeous stamp sets that Julee has designed!!! Hop along with me and check them out!!!
 Amy
                                 Sankari ---> you are here!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Please stop in tomorrow to check out the next gorgeous stamp set in the Spotlight!

Hope your Wednesday goes by smooth!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

63 comments:

KanataNewf said...

Love the dramatic colour choices - you make such beautiful cards.

Amber Hight said...

You *amaze* me, Sankari! The colors in your projects just make me SMILE! Love these cards!

Michelle said...

Your cards are so colorful as always. Love your blog.

Kay D said...

Wowee! My favorite is your first card! What a happy glorious way to say goodbye to summer! Love the effect you achieved on the flowers, and the color combo is just wonderful!

Jess Willison said...

These are gorgeous Sankari! Love the flowers!

Margaret de Witt said...

I love ALL the little details you add to your cards Sankari. The glaze is fantastic too. Very nice cards.

Smita said...

These are amazing.... I just love the blooms and how you layered them.

Hugs,
Smita

Unknown said...

what bright and beautiful sneak peek, sankari! love the way you've combined two or more sets with each card, too...ingenious!

Nicole said...

Aside from Julee's samples (she IS the hostess with the mostest, of course), I was most looking forward to seeing your samples...and once again, you don't disappoint. I can't pinpoint what one thing or technique you do that always makes your cards transcend paper crafting and become real artwork, but I love it. Gorgeous, as always.

craftymom205 said...

Your cards are great.

Beth Norman said...

Your work is always so amazing. I love your bright cards, but this blue on is lovely too.

Rachel B said...

Wow! I love the colors and the glossy flowers. These are so amazing!

Tricia T said...

How bright and cheery! Lovely work!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your cards are both full of yummy details! Your colorful style is your trademark! :-)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the yellow one. It's says 'happy' all over it! And the blue on is very elegant.

Vickie Z said...

WOW... what you can do with colors is amazing!! Love the blend of all the blues in the second one!!

Keva said...

Are you kidding me with these cards? This is 100% awesome! I absolutely love both cards and the creativity is shining bright. Love them both, but I "think" the second one really takes me over the edge.

Lin said...

What happy cards you make!! Love your exuberant colors and design!

Marisa said...

Spring has sprung in your top card! Love how you added the sun. Fabulous blues in the second card. I'm in trouble...more flower sets LOL!

Happy Now said...

Lovely, bright and beautiful!

Lorus! said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I love, love, love the sunshiny one!

Tanya said...

Oh these are gorgeous as always! Love your style, just says happy!

Andrea said...

Great way to show off those blossoms!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful Sankari! Your cards ALWAYS make me smile!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jackie said...

These cards are so bright and fun, they look amazing and stunning and oh my goodness! Lovely job!

Catherine Kraft said...

Your first card is so cheery and it really brightened my day and then the second card is so different from the first but just as beautiful. Love what you did with both of them.

Blessings,

Catherine
catherinesangels@yahoo.com

Maureen said...

okay, I really do need that grass punch!! LOL Lovely bright Sankari colours :) I'm still wishing it was summer :)

Heather said...

Your cards are always so bright and cheerful. Anyone who receives them could not possibly be anything but happy. : ) Even the second card, allthough cooler is still bright!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous cards, Sankari! I'm totally in love with the vibrant colors and feel of the first! And the second is dreamy in those soothing browns ane blues! Beautiful work!

Shannan Teubner said...

These are both so bright and happy! Love them, girl!

Crafty Math Chick said...

I love all the gloss and shine you added to your cards Sankari. So birght and colorful too.

Mary B said...

Your 2 cards are so different, yet both so pretty. Thanks for the ideas!

Lynda Benden said...

These are both so bright and beautiful Sankari! I always LOVE seeing your creations because you always use such gorgeous colors and add the perfect extra touches!

Luanne said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love to see the bright sunny colors, and Wow, your card in blue is fantastic too!

Oma said...

Both cards are very pretty - love the butterflies on the 1st one - so springy looking even though winter will soon be upon us.

Kristina said...

Holy moly! Those colors on the first card made me smile the moment I saw them! LOVE how that sun just pops right off the top of the frame! And the second is so cool, calm, and wonderful. What an amazing showcase of these adorable flowers!

Unknown said...

Wowza Sankari! These are amazing cards! You always put such awesome detail into your work! I love it!

CreativeMish said...

I knew before I opened the page your cards would be bright and beautiful! I love them! I wish I were brave enough to be so bold

Wendy said...

The colors are amazing!!!!

I can't wait until tomorrow!!!!

Mary said...

wow! glazed yumminess is right! so pretty!

annesatx said...

What bright and cheerful cards! Love 'em!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully vibrant, colorful cards, Sankari! Both cards are bold and beautiful on each side of the color spectrum but both equally as gorgeous!

Billie A said...

Oh my both cards are beautiful love the brightness of both.

Radha said...

What?? I did not comment yet??

Gorgeous my dear it was good to see u:))
The color is always happy!!

I love the ~BIBBLE part it is FAB!!!

timetrvlr said...

Love your button sun and the sunshine showering over the adorable flowers- great card!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous cards with spectacular color choices. You are so talented! I'll definitely be back :)

Joanne Gilch said...

These cards are luscious. Love the 'pearls' and luster.

Unknown said...

You're absolutely amazing... all of your cards are beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Both of your cards are fabulous! Beautifully done.

Tasha said...

Beautiful cards! I love that you use glaze, it's a favorite product of mine and I think it's vastly under used.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg these are amazing wow!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! These are so amazing, Sankari! You have such a way with color and I just adore your projects!

Ravengirl said...

Gorgeous! Your cards and projects always have so much glitz and glam to them. They make me feel happy!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Wow. The colors are so bold and stunning! And the way you incorporate so many details...amazing!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the bright colors!! They are so happy!! And, I love the glossy accented flowers!!

silvia said...

Pretty cards!!

Teresa Kline said...

so bright and beautiful Sankari!

enjoy *~*

Janet said...

Oh my goodness! What beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing them with us during the blog hop. :D

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two happy flower gardens!! Love the happy sun and bright colors of the first, and the second in the blues is so sweet!! Love 'em both!!

Tasha said...

Wow these are stunning! you have utilised the stamp beautifully, the colours and glaze really make the cards pop
love tasha xx

ellepaulette said...

Both of your cards are just flat out beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!! :)

Heidi said...

MORE beautiful flowers- amazing Sankari (AGAIN!)

Anonymous said...

Not that you need another comment (you must spend hours reading them all) but these two are just beautiful!