Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is

HI Everyone!

Hope you guys had a great weekend - I am still recovering from all the festivities of this weekend - but am excited to show you this card that I made for a friend of mine who wanted to give a card to her friend who just bought her own first house. 

I am on the fence about getting a Cricut - so while I am trying to make up my mind - I go over to play with my friend's Cricut :) and used one of her cartridges to print this house out. I used the Echo Park Paper Summertime papers and some extras from my Summertime Project Pantry Kit  from Taylored Expressions for the house and trees. And used the beautiful sentiment "Home is where the heart is" from the Love Everywhere stamp set from Taylored Expressions (I love that the "O" in Home has a heart in it"). 


I used the sentiment: "Congrats" from one of my most favorite stamp sets: Hangin' Out stamp set from Taylored Expressions. I used the grass border punch from Martha Stewart and finished it off with a wee bit of bling and Adirondack Liquid Pearls.

I also added a bit of glaze to the windows and used my Swiss dots embossing folder to run the house portion through. This card ended up being a bit more heavier than the usual card sent through the mail :) But I really do like how it ended up turning out :)

Have you been checking out all the wonderful videos that Taylor has been creating to celebrate a handmade Christmas? She gives such great ideas and there are a ton of deals in the Taylored Expressions store waiting for your crafting pleasure!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

8 comments:

Maria Elena said...

Wow Sankari.... this card is so pretty ! Love those papers - great job !

Have a great Tuesday ;-)
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Norma said...

Great card!!! Love it:)

Radha said...

CC!
Long time no see:((
all well?
The card is amazing!
Your friend's friend will love it:)!
Big hugs!

Sudha said...

Wow,superb work dear.

Beth Norman said...

I love this. Stop being on the fence about the Cricut; there is so much to do with it, and you do an awesome job with it. TFS your cricut project.

brenda said...

Gorgeous card, so creative! Love it!

Sabrina said...

Such a cheerful card, and your friend's friend will justlove it! I love the trees!

Zgirl said...

Gorgeous card - as usual. You should get the Cricut...I bet you will make amazing projects. Heck, they'll probably give one to you for free cause once you start using it their sales will go up! Naz