Friday, November 21, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You - Merry Christmas Card


Hi All,

Here is a card that I made this morning for Laura's sketch over at 2S4U - as Christmas is in the air - I am realizing how far behind I am in my card making.... how far behind you ask.... Ohhhh - pretty much at the beginning....

Sigh... well, I think that maybe after Thanksgiving - I need to get the holiday groove and crank some out - but I couldn't resist making a xmas card for this sketch. I horizontally flipped Laura's sketch used the elements of Santa's sleigh and reindeers to represent the shapes of her sketch. I downloaded the pic of Santa's sleigh here and then colored and stickled and applied liquid applique to the card. The reindeer are die cuts that I sprinkled gold glitter on and then popped up on dimensionals ontop of the red ribbon. The sentiment was stamped onto a snowflake embossed background (with diamond stickles). The bottom scallops are from a mini scallop punch from Martha accented with red liquid pearls.



This was a total fun card - I loved coloring and cutting and adhering. Well, we are off to a birthday party - will post my Cinema Saturday card later here - but you can check it out on our blog over here: Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. This week's pick is A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving! :)

Thanks for coming over to visit!!
Ciao for now!!
Sankari :)

19 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Sankari!! Well, I'm glad you found time to craft today! I'm way behind too!!! Your Christmas card is so pretty!! Love all the 3D look to it! You have many details to your card!! Beautiful!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Maria

Laura said...

Oh my is that card ever wonderful....

Catherine said...

It sure is a fun card... love it, Sankari.

Have a great weekend and I'll see what i can do with CSCC this week :)

thescrapmaster said...

Those are the cutest little reindeer!!!

~Samantha

Ingrid said...

What a cute card!! Great take on the sketch.

Laura Davis said...

Darling!!! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

fishlips said...

sankari,,,Wow, I love it...It's all 3-D and popping off the card...your sleigh full of toys is stunning and the reindeer are so darling...I love it!!!!

Unknown said...

this is absolutely ADORABLE ~ great take on Laura's sketch!!

Lea L. said...

This is really adorable!! I love all the dimension, and those reindeer are so cute!!! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Shirley said...

Sankari, this is just too cute for words, and pretty too! I love all of the cut out work and it paid off! Lovely too!

Unknown said...

Oh my, this is just too, too cute!

gale said...

Really really cute-I love all the details on it.

Jules said...

Adorable card! It just pops off the page!
So fab!

Katie said...

So cute Sankari! It looks like you spent a lot of time on this fabulous creation! I love all of the details :)

Katie

Savitri said...

Very very fun card, yes yes yes! Love this card! Well, I had lots of plans to do crafty stuff but nope... mojo's not there.

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute and so detailed!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Lots of time went it to this very cute card! Love it!

Tlbran said...

Lovely card! Those reindeer are adorable.

Cindy Lee said...

Wow....your card is very very cute! I absolutely love it!!